NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Kidney stones? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/24592-kidney-stones.html)

Sandel 07-26-2007 01:39 AM

Kidney stones?

Ok this one's not for me but a friend with RSD has been having alot of kidney stones and I was wondering if anyone else has or has heard of this problem in relation to RSD.

Thanks
:grouphug:

allentgamer 07-26-2007 03:08 AM

Is your friend taking Topamax?

I started developing stones while taking the Topamax, and was told to increase the clear liquids. I finally had to stop taking it due too the stones, hair thinning, and eye problems. It was to bad too because it really did work.

Not sire if RSD can cause the stones problem, but wouldnt be surprised that diet of your friend would be altered because of RSD, and cause the stones.

Maybe someone else has more to add about the RSD part.

tayla4me 07-26-2007 04:56 AM

:)

Hello, I agree with Allen on this one, I think that the stones are probably more likely to be related to changes in lifestyle, drugs, diet etc than RSD itself.
It really comes down to "what comes first-the chicken or the egg" doesn't it?:confused:
Tayla:hug:

dreambeliever128 07-26-2007 03:12 PM

Hi,

I have had kidney stones removed twice since getting RSD but I don't know if they are related. I had one removed about a year ago.

I too think it's just the diet issue. I don't know about the meds. I was on Prevacid and Methadone at the time but I don't think they had anything to do with mine. Although some meds might cause the stones.

Ada

renhenne 03-03-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 (Post 128813)
I have had kidney stones removed twice since getting RSD but I don't know if they are related. I had one removed about a year ago.

I too think it's just the diet issue. I don't know about the meds. I was on Prevacid and Methadone at the time but I don't think they had anything to do with mine. Although some meds might cause the stones.

Ada

I just started searching about this because I have a LONG run of stones in the last 6 months. I have had RSD for 8 years now, but as my disease has progressed so have my kidney stones. But the last few months alone I have had 3 separate stones removed (1 stone was 7 millimeter) and I have passed 5. One year ago I had 6 stones in my kidney which I passed. I have a history of stones prior to RSD, but NEVER like the torment of what I am going through now!

I have been wondering if my RSD is affecting my kidneys as well. :confused:

catra121 03-03-2012 03:40 PM

I have had issues with kidney stones since getting RSD. I too think it has more to do with the change in lifestyle since I've had RSD...though the only thing that I did different when I first started getting them in terms of diet was that I cut WAY back on soda and was drinking gatorade almost exclusively. Who knows...but there's no family history of kidney stones in my family and I had never had them before. Thankfully I have been able to pass them all without needing any medical intervention...but I was terrified when I got the first one because of how bad the pain was and I had no idea what it was.