NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Mind and Body (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/48442-mind-body.html)

Blessings2You 06-21-2008 01:33 PM

Mind and Body

I have about two good cognitive hours per day (on average) and about two good physical hours. Wouldn't it be really cool if they ever happened to COINCIDE????

Either my brain thinks of all kinds of productive and creative activities, and my body says "No way is THAT happening", or my body is actually willing to participate but my brain says "Whuh?"

Right now my brain is saying, "Hey! We could pull everything out of the closet and put it back in so we could FIND stuff!" but the chair has ahold of my hiney and won't let go. Oh well.

Kitty 06-21-2008 02:49 PM

I know the feeling................

Twinkletoes 06-21-2008 03:05 PM

Hahahaha! Boy, you hit that nail on the head!!! Well said! :D

MSacorn 06-21-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 306472)
Hahahaha! Boy, you hit that nail on the head!!! Well said! :D

What she said. :wink:

It's so cool how similar our experiences are. Yet a shame that we have this carp to deal with daily.

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

Becky21 06-22-2008 12:51 AM

This is too funny!!!:D:D I would be so nice if the brain and body would work together so we could get things done. I know exactly what you mean.:p

I think of all kinds of things I need to do after I have my nap. The thing is that when I wake up and think about it, I don't do any of them. There is too much to do so I don't do anything. LOL

My brain is thinking of all this but my body is saying "Are you nuts?".:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 306442)
I have about two good cognitive hours per day (on average) and about two good physical hours. Wouldn't it be really cool if they ever happened to COINCIDE????

Either my brain thinks of all kinds of productive and creative activities, and my body says "No way is THAT happening", or my body is actually willing to participate but my brain says "Whuh?"

Right now my brain is saying, "Hey! We could pull everything out of the closet and put it back in so we could FIND stuff!" but the chair has ahold of my hiney and won't let go. Oh well.

Friend2U 06-22-2008 01:02 AM

Pooh Can Relate!

As Pooh says, "OH, BOTHER!" Some days don't we tend to feel that way!?

I tried to attach a pict of pooh, but think I bumbled it, "oh bother...again"

msmything 06-26-2008 07:41 PM

Exactly!!!
What I find myself doing is preparing tasks (mental or physical), so that if the spirit moves me, everything's ready to go.
For instance, I have been in serious need of an office/file clean up/organization.
1st step was make a giant pile of stuff in the middle of the office floor (Home office).
2 days later I've put a solid 5 hours toward the task in total.
The pile in the office is almost gone, now I have a mountain of garbage!!!

Catch 06-26-2008 09:25 PM

I can totally relate. I describe the fuzzy brain as like having smoked a large quantity of ganja, without getting the munchies.

As for the tiredness, it seems no matter how I describe it, my husband will comment that I sleep too much and that's why I'm tired. (HUH?) Or, as others here mentioned, people will say, "Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. I get insomnia sometimes." Unless they've had insomnia where they haven't slept for a month, they have no clue. Once before my dx I thought I must've caught some sort of bizarre bug 'cause I had to take 3-4 days off work because I was so exhausted I could barely open my eyes, let alone drag my behind out of bed. (Thank goodness it's never been that bad since.)

I'm dealing with the tiredness now. I do ok until about 3 in the afternoon. By the time I get home from work at 5:30 or so, all the things I thought I'd do when I got home are so much smoke and often a vague memory. I compensate by trying to get things done on my lunch hour. Doesn't give me a lot of social time.