NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   magnesium (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/154060-magnesium.html)

mspennyloafer 07-22-2011 12:40 PM

magnesium

(disclaimer i dont have traditional tos)

i went to the doctors office and found out my mag levels were .5 (1.5-2.5)

i highly encourage anyone with severe neck pain to get your electrolytes checked out!! my scm muscle feels so much better. i really found like i found a missing link in a puzzle

mspennyloafer 07-22-2011 12:41 PM

one major downside is that i think i supplemented too fast. now i am experiencing insomnia.

mrsD 07-22-2011 12:43 PM

Magnesium typically calms people down and they sleep better.
Taken at night or using the lotion at night can improve sleep.

So I would wonder about the insomnia.

mspennyloafer 07-22-2011 01:00 PM

i didnt have it for the first few days...

there's probably something more complicated going on :mad:

mspennyloafer 07-23-2011 12:01 PM

an update for anyone who cares

still having palps, at night my rate is 50ish and normal bp but i still feel my heartbeat.

sitting down during the day its gone from 80s-100s and then to standing i need to check..i think its going up and down a lot bc im afraid to walk around.. like im gonna faint. i went to a clinic and they were like oh that's not that high. FOR ME it is really high. normally im 60s-70s

im convinced this is all nerve related. going to a cardio. then to get kidneys/hormones checked i hope. in the meantime im trying not to faint, lol. my dad has a lot of nervy heart related problems too so i think i just inherited this from him

mspennyloafer 07-26-2011 07:40 PM

another update

palps stopped late sundayish. my potassium when they retested on friday was down to a 3.7... the clinic didnt mention going to a cardio and i believe they think im a hypochondriac. my bloodwork looks normal..

i found a DO. my first DO ever and i am going on tuesday. im going to try taking 100mg of mag tomorrow in the morning and see if i die, if i feel funny again, going to ask DO for referral to cardio.

i am banning tofu type products from my diet for the time being bc i believe they have a lot of potassium... trying to cook. but having tos and a good diet impossible unless you have someone else to cook for you.

my left "tos" side is acting up again, coincidence? the last i took mag was almost a week ago. im not going to pt (can't afford it) until i get electrolytes in harmony.

Jomar 07-26-2011 09:28 PM

My main dr is a DO now & they have a good PT place along with the office , but it is expensive... even when they try to do the best Ins wise,, still a good sized chunk of $$ after they pay what they allow.
Somehow my chiro is able to keep services under the limit so no cash out of my pocket.:cool:

Ugg I remember how sick I got of easy/frozen/ fast food :( I enjoy cooking and couldn't do much at all for awhile.

Good luck w/ the DO.

mspennyloafer 07-27-2011 09:41 AM

thanks jomar

i know!! god i didnt even realize i was eating THAT bad until the mag test bc im so thin. i dont see how anyone with chronic arm/hand pain deals with this.

another weird thing i noticed, on saturday i was checking bp on and off all day. later in the day, swear to god, suddenly i couldn't wear the stupid thing. it felt like it was squeezing too tight and cutting off the blood flow to my hands. they didnt change colors or anything but i could feel it..very intense. i tried it several times in different positions. i do not have vascular tos, at least according to my duplex ultrasound (i think that's what it was)

mspennyloafer 08-02-2011 08:12 AM

well my magnesium levels are normal and i am back to normal again aka pain :rolleyes: god is cruel

NEW theory-- when my heart was beating so fasting for 4 days it was flushing out the buildup of metabolic waste in my muscles and soft tissues before it could really settle in..

mspennyloafer 08-02-2011 01:42 PM

so the osteopath i went to was a big *** phoney and didnt know anything and wouldn't refer me to anyone but a rheum (and ive already been to a rheum)