NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   aneurysm clipping (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/101170-aneurysm-clipping.html)

debee 08-25-2009 11:13 AM

aneurysm clipping

Hello
Yep I have one of the invaders unrupted! So have to have it clipped. Surgery is set to go but the wait is whew something.
Was wondering about on going symptons getting worse..does this happen?
Does anyone drive with an unruptured aneruysm?
I'm fine when setting or lying its walking and remembering ..I know what I want to say just takes a bit to get it out....I think of questions all the time and when I want to write them down I find I can't remember what it is.
I do have some vision problems and seem to be getting worse should I be worried more .
I guess I just need to vent to some that have been thru this. I wish there was a chat room . If anyone knows or would like to take the time to respond I sure do appreicate it!
Thank you for listening

SDFencer 08-31-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debee (Post 558633)
Hello
Yep I have one of the invaders unrupted! So have to have it clipped. Surgery is set to go but the wait is whew something.
I'm fine when setting or lying its walking and remembering ..I know what I want to say just takes a bit to get it out....I think of questions all the time and when I want to write them down I find I can't remember what it is.
I do have some vision problems and seem to be getting worse should I be worried more .
I guess I just need to vent to some that have been thru this. I wish there was a chat room . If anyone knows or would like to take the time to respond I sure do appreicate it!
Thank you for listening

ALL I was told is it take time and everyone is different. The waiting is horrible. I trained like I would for a tournament. I wanted to be in the best physical and mental shape I could before they cut my melon like a melon.

I had no symptoms at all. Go ahead and vent. Don't you just want to scream?

part1 09-01-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Hello
Thank you for listening

Hi
I have an possible unruptered aneurysm, my cat scan showed a 3mm aneurysm and scheduled this week for a MRA and a MRI. I am not letting this keep me down I am still going to the mall and doing my norm. I am however changing my eating habits and doing things to keep my blood pressure low. I know it is not easy, but please try not to worry that makes everything worse. If you have a hard time remembering things get one of those recorder divices I have seen on TV and just record things you need to remember. I am sorry I don't remember the name of the device but it it small enough to carry on your key chane. Good luck and God bless

peaches217 09-02-2009 08:54 AM

I have a 5x6mm Annie. It's a Basilar tip Aneurysm. Found it on a CTA. Waiting to see a vascular radiologist. So I'm scared too. I feel for you. I too forget everything and my eye sight is horrible. cant get words out and feel like a retard sometimes, cause people look at me like I'm nuts..LOL I dont know what they are gonna do to me yet. I also have hydrocephalus and have to go to cleveland clinic for that on the 19th. Let me know what happens and vent on me if you like. I need a friend right now who understands... Good luck......CHERI

SDFencer 09-11-2009 03:49 PM

I am freaked out. I have a fusiform aneurysm and a basilar tip anurysm.
I find I am tired all the time and I present apaphsia so I slur my speech and drool and I am constantly stumbling to my right.

I may need a second craniotomy and bypass. The waiting is Horrible, that is why I am here, among "my folks" who get it. Try to get in the best physical and mental shape you can for recovery.

Disay 11-21-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Hello
Thank you for listening

Hi Debee,
I had a ruptured aneurysm and it was clipped in Jan 2008 at age 45. I was driving when I had a terrible headache. Fortunately I was able to drive myself to the nearest hospital (in Manila). My recovery was really excellent and was back to work in 10 days. I still have one more unruptured peri-callosal aneurysm less than 2.5mm . I still drive since driving is inevitable and do not think much about my second one. I do have fits of forgetfulness and in fact when I make presentations during board meetings I find myself at a loss for words and it's just embarassing...I just try to be funny and make sure that I do not make a complete fool of myself...Cheer up, life is good!