NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Does anyone else have bladder problems? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/226905-else-bladder.html)

_dreamer_ 10-03-2015 03:10 PM

Does anyone else have bladder problems?

TMI It takes me forever to start going and I go a LOT (often, I mean). My neuro, who LEFT the practice very recently apparently actually diagnosed me with RSD and SFN. Okay, so I'm not even that worried about my diagnosis per say anymore b/c it's clear that (even with a negative biopsy) that I do have neurological symptoms so I know I need to see another neuro.

But I don't know...do I see a neuro for these bladder issues or a uro? Is there a special neuro urologist out there for issues like this?

Thanks.

en bloc 10-03-2015 04:13 PM

You should see a urologist for urodynamic testing. They will be able to determine if you have autonomic dysfunction like neurogenic bladder, etc. It's a bunch of tests to measure amounts and frequency of urination along with empty and initiation studies.

There are a few meds out there to help with certain types of conditions, but you have to determine exactly what is going on first, for best treatment.

icelander 10-03-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dreamer_ (Post 1175313)
TMI It takes me forever to start going and I go a LOT (often, I mean). My neuro, who LEFT the practice very recently apparently actually diagnosed me with RSD and SFN. Okay, so I'm not even that worried about my diagnosis per say anymore b/c it's clear that (even with a negative biopsy) that I do have neurological symptoms so I know I need to see another neuro.

But I don't know...do I see a neuro for these bladder issues or a uro? Is there a special neuro urologist out there for issues like this?

Thanks.

Yes I do. The nerves that control my bladder and digestion are not working well. I have to wait in the morning usually to get things moving but then I'm good for the rest of the day usually. It's that morning pee that scares me. But I find that de-stressing really helps and valerian may help to relax the bladder. All I know is I'm doing somewhat better lately. I use several techniques to get it going in the morning. You can PM me if you have questions.

Patrick Winter 10-04-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dreamer_ (Post 1175313)

Thanks.

Are you on any medications for the neuropathy? Many of the anti seizure ones especially can cause issues with that.