NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Mom in hospital after tunneled catheter (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/16584-mom-hospital-tunneled-catheter.html)

littlewish 03-29-2007 06:24 PM

Mom in hospital after tunneled catheter

Hi everyone i think i am in the right place , my mom comes here to post and i just wanted to let you know that she is in the hospital after they took out the tunneled catheter they found out that it has caused her to get a bad infection called staphylococcus aureus and something else i just cant remember the other one ,and her sugar level went up to 428 today cause of the infection her neurologist was scared of bactera getting into the heart so she is on heavy IV antibiotics which is getting her so sick ,the Dr said that she would get sick cause they are very strong she is also on a heart monitor so if you can pray that all goes well for her thanks

Gabe 03-29-2007 10:24 PM

Let her know we are thinking of her and hoping she feels better very soon. My thoughts and prayers are with her and with your family.
Gabe

loisba 03-30-2007 07:14 PM

Please let your Mom know we are thinking of her! I know she was really hoping that this tunnelled catheter would solve her vein problems and let her get her pheresis. I'm so sorry that it has turned out so very, very badly for her. Hopefully they will be able to get the infection under control, and that some time in the future they will be able to try it again. Give her our love.
Hugs,

loisba 04-07-2007 06:50 PM

Just a quick note to let you know we are still thinking of you and worried about you. Hope all is going well with you.
Hugs,

GUMBY 04-08-2007 09:33 PM

I hope all is well also.

kathyrooker 04-09-2007 07:12 AM

Hi, I hope your mother is feeling better. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
Kathy from PA

littlewish 04-09-2007 06:31 PM

hi everyone just want to let you know that my mom may get to come home on wednesday after a few more test if all goes well i told my mom that everyone was asking about her and she almost starting crying so , i just wanted to say thanks to everyone and God bless all of you.

loisba 04-09-2007 09:58 PM

Give her our love, and let her know we'll be counting the days until she can get online herself. Thanks for being such a wonderful daughter (son?-just realized I don't know which you are!)
Anyway, it was very thoughtful of you to post for your mother and to keep both her and us updated on everything that is going on.
Hugs,

littlewish 04-18-2007 04:34 PM

I want to Thank everyone for all your support my son thinks that everyone here is great and i agree , this is a wonderful site with wonderful people

Maxwell'sMom 04-18-2007 07:39 PM

I've been having computer issues, so I'm trying to catch up on how everyone is doing, and I'm just now reading this.
I'm praying for you to continue to recover, and get well
Love and many many hugs
love lizzie