NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New member, here for support (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/189591-support.html)

WorkingKate 06-06-2013 02:19 PM

New member, here for support

Hi. I'm Kate. I've never been in good health in my life. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, IBS, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, pelvic floor dysfunction, and migraines. It all seems like a cop out to me - a bunch of exclusionary diagnoses meaning I feel awful and no one can tell me why. I've been in PT for 9 months (having taken 3 years off from the last span of 1 year of PT) and it is not helping yet. I was recently prescribed maintenance narcotics since the pain is so bad I can hardly function. I try hard to not miss work since my husband is unemployed, and painkillers are the only way I make it through the day.
My symptoms range from headaches, nausea, neck pain, neck weakness, and visual disturbances to fecal incontinence, Reynaud's, memory problems, hearing loss, and chronic constipation. I've had all symptoms since age 21 and some for much longer.
No doctor has ever been able to find a clear reason for my myriad of symptoms, and most doctors do not seem to care. For some reason I keep trying to seek treatment - sort of feels like Sisyphus right about now.
So it appears all I can do now is reach out for support from other individuls who always feel awful and cannot get an answer as to why. My family tries to be supportive, but they don't quite understand. They are often trying to tell me why I feel sick (stress, depression, posture, etc.) and what I can do to feel better (take these vitamins, eat these foods, etc.). I just need someone to listen who does not try to fix it, just cares I feel so sick.
I'm 29 years old and don't know how I can keep living like this. There is nothing I want more than to start a family with my husband, but I get sick just trying to watch my nephews for 15 minutes. I feel so hopeless about my health.

Blessings2You 06-06-2013 06:09 PM

Hi, Kate, just want to welcome you to the community. Sorry to hear that you're going through so many trials. We have several different forums where you might find "kindred souls", so browse around--there are a lot of good listeners here, and many of us who know all about pushing that boulder up the hill day after day. You came to a good place.

Magirose 06-07-2013 05:04 PM

Welcome to the community Kate. I have a lot of similar problems to you.....I know how you feel. I am 50 years old and only got a diagnosis about 8 years ago now. I've had problems like this all of my adult life. I have the same migraine/neck pain feeling sick etc you describe....the incontinence has happened to me as has the diagnosis of irritable bowel. I have the migraine with extreme visual disturbances and even began having seizures. Nothing shows up on MRI's......last neurologist I saw described my brain as 'pristine'. It's been sort of diagnosed now as meningeoencephalitis so not migraine at all really.
I have a great doctor now though it took a lot of going round the houses. I was diagnosed before I ever got to see him with Behcet's syndrome which is an auto-immune disorder. Even after diagnoses I still had trouble getting treatment that worked for me.

I do hope that will happen for you. I know how you're suffering. It may be worth you seeing an immunologist if you haven't already seen one as that's how I finally got my diagnosis.

Darlene 06-12-2013 12:53 AM

Welcome to the gain!!

Kate,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please, just let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your situation. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray: