NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Kitchen Make-over. Please help! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/47512-kitchen-please-help.html)

Shashi 06-08-2008 10:37 PM

Kitchen Make-over. Please help!

(This may have already been posted here. If so, just overlook it, but please do vote!)

There is a sweet lady on another MS board that I belong to who just recently lost her mom unexpectedly. This dear lady has MS and is a single mom of a mentally disabled child. She's living in an old house she bought and the kitchen is a disaster area. She was trying to remodel it, but had to stop due to lack of money. The kitchen needs a total overhaul and needs to be made handicapped accessible for her.

Electrolux is sponsoring a dream kitchen give away which would be wonderful for this dear lady. She's entered into the contest and already has over 34,000 votes, but she needs many more. If you could, please take just a moment and vote for this lady to win her dream kitchen at the link below. I know it would mean the world to her.

http://ivillage.waidev5.com/electrolux/site/index.php?page=photos&id=48579 (There's a picture of her kitchen at this link. You won't believe your eyes!)

Thanks and hugs,

Lisa

Koala77 06-08-2008 10:51 PM

I looked at the picture, and of course I voted for her, but where does this poor lady do her cooking? Where's her electric range, and her refridgerator?

I hope she wins as it's obvious that this is some-one who really needs all the help they can get.

Thanks for putting it up. I hope she gets hundreds more votes from here.

tkrik 06-09-2008 12:40 AM

OMG! How many times do you think we can vote from now until tomorrow!:eek: I voted twice.

This woman really deserves it! I also looked at some of the other kitchens and compared to hers, they looked fine.

Kitty 06-09-2008 06:31 AM

I tried to vote more than once but couldn't. How did you vote twice, Tricia? I'll vote as many times as I can for this lady - bless her heart - I truly hope she wins this. She needs it. This isn't a cosmetic upgrade - it's a necessity.

You're right, too, the other kitchens are fine - maybe small but at least they are useable.

Girlie Girl 06-09-2008 06:59 AM

Thanks for informing us of this kitchen. I am glad that I was able to help by voting! Hopefully she will win a new kitchen!

tkrik 06-09-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 296425)
I tried to vote more than once but couldn't. How did you vote twice, Tricia? I'll vote as many times as I can for this lady - bless her heart - I truly hope she wins this. She needs it. This isn't a cosmetic upgrade - it's a necessity.

You're right, too, the other kitchens are fine - maybe small but at least they are useable.

Kelly, I don't know how I was able to do it twice. When I went to do it again this morning it wouldn't let me. I cleared my history to see if that would work but it didn't. If I figure it out I will let you know.

I really hope she wins. I saw one that had more votes.:(:( She needs at least 20,000 more votes by today! Yikes!

SallyC 06-09-2008 12:37 PM

The link wouldn't work for me????

Shashi 06-09-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 296665)
The link wouldn't work for me????

Sally, I think the voting period has ended. Now a panel will judge between the three kitchen with the most votes and decide who gets the makeover. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she gets picked! :grouphug:

Desinie 06-09-2008 06:17 PM

I voted for her after I saw this on that other MS board and I just voted again now. I so hopes she wins. She really deserves it. According to that site the voting ends today.

tkrik 06-09-2008 06:22 PM

Please let us know if she wins. I will pray that she gets this much needed break.