NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I'm Finally Home!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/224593-im-finally-home.html)

SallyC 08-14-2015 05:07 PM

I'm Finally Home!!!!!

Almost 3 months in the hospital and 2 rehab facilities later and I can finally transfer safely?, from bed to scooter to toilet to wherever??? I will have to make a few adjustments to make it more safe, but am HOME!!!

To make a verrrry loooong story short. My A/C went out as I was napping, on May 31st, and I woke up to scorching heat!! Thought I could handle going to pot and back before calling for help....WRONG!!!!! Fell in bathrm and could not get up, forgot cell and so crawled on floor, inching along, for 24 hrs on floor till DD found me Sun. afternoon and rushed me to hospital intensive care.

That was the beginning of my long, painfully horrible and lonely journey to my near wellness of today. I now have a hospital bed in my livingrm, instead of a couch, so not quite as free as I was, but happy to be here.:wink: DD Julie and DSS John were and continue to be my saviors and guardian angels.

I'm lounging in my little, adjustable bed...not deluxe but the best for which Medicare will pay less my 240.00 co-pay. It's not ideal but, at my age, it's okie dokie.:(

More later, if you really want to hear it.:eek:

Thank you all for missing me, your calls, your care, your prayers and your love.:grouphug:

Agate/Joan:hug: was lucky enough to reach my DD Julie and I hope she has told you all, the limited info that we had, at the time. I was unable to communicate with anyone, completely coherently for awhile. I didn't have my cell or computer, with me, at all and Julie's time was limited.

I thought about you all every day and missed you terribly.:grouphug:

Blessings2You 08-14-2015 05:10 PM

Sally!!!!! <3

Kitty 08-14-2015 06:01 PM

Welcome back, Sally!!! :hug::hug:

You were missed! You can tell us the rest of your story as you feel up to it. I'm just glad you're ok and back here with us.

Thank goodness for your daughter and stepson.

Snoopy 08-14-2015 06:03 PM

Your HOME!!!! :yahoo:

I am so glad you are doing better and posting, you were greatly missed :hug:

Grammie 2 3 08-14-2015 06:24 PM

Sally, your saga made me sad :( it could happen to any of us.
I am so glad you are home and doing well AND that there is equipment to help you.
You were so missed even by an almost stranger ;)

Bless you :hug:
Linda

Starznight 08-14-2015 08:03 PM

Welcome back!!!!!!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Wasn't the same with out ya!!!

Hockey 08-14-2015 09:35 PM

There's no place like home.

I'm so sorry for your ordeal. Scary! :eek:

barb02 08-15-2015 08:46 AM

Welcome home! We missed you.:circlelove:

Sparky10 08-15-2015 10:32 AM

SO happy to see you! :circlelove:

What an awful experience for you.

mrsD 08-15-2015 10:47 AM

Welcome back Sally! I am glad you are feeling better. We were all so worried about you.