NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I'm going to Cleveland!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/146912-im-cleveland.html)

Patti_Christmas 03-19-2011 05:43 AM

I'm going to Cleveland!!!

Woo hoo - I've got an appointment on the 29th of March to go see Dr. Samuel Samuel at the Cleveland Clinic! Now, I just have to figure out how to make the trip - I definitely can't sit up in a car for 4 or 5 hours, who I can get to come stay with my two teenage kids and help take care of our dogs and goats.

I'll figure out something though, even if I have to pack everyone up and take them with me for the day!

daniella 03-19-2011 07:52 AM

Hey I have been to CC. I saw Dr Stanton Hicks and Dr Mckale plus took part in there day program. I am not familiar with the doc you are seeing. I was from MI when I went there and made the long drive too. Cruise control is your friend and also stopping a few times. Good luck

Patti_Christmas 03-19-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 754359)
Hey I have been to CC. I saw Dr Stanton Hicks and Dr Mckale plus took part in there day program. I am not familiar with the doc you are seeing. I was from MI when I went there and made the long drive too. Cruise control is your friend and also stopping a few times. Good luck

Fortunately for me, I won't be driving. It's hard enough riding, so I'll be in the back laying down for part of it.

debbiehub 03-19-2011 09:05 AM

HI

Just curious what they are going to do for you there? Is it PT based?

Deb

daylilyfan 03-19-2011 06:27 PM

I see a doc at Cleveland Clinic Pain Management. Dr. wants to do ketamine with me but I cannot afford it. Dr. is not at all like a lot of the docs you see talked about here on this forum - has always been very nice, very respectful and open to things I bring up. Also very nice to my service dog. Some doctors don't want me to have her in the office - and my neuro tries to "play" with her - but it's more like teasing her. He bumps his stethescope on her head - stuff like that. The Dr. at Clev Clinic wasn't happy about me getting her at first, afraid having a dog to pick things up and help me walk would make me less mobile - but in fact, it has allowed me to be more independent and more mobile, not less so. Now that she sees that, and understands it, she's all for it.

I have an awful time driving the almost 3 hours to Cleveland. One thing about it, after driving or even riding that far in a car - the Dr. sees me when my pain is really up there and my symptoms are going crazy! :eek:

I wish you the very best of luck with Clev Clinic. :grouphug:

ballerina 03-19-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daylilyfan (Post 754494)
She is also very nice to my service dog. Some doctors don't want me to have her in the office - and my neuro tries to "play" with her - but it's more like teasing her. He bumps his stethescope on her head - stuff like that. Dr. Dews is always great with Josie. She wasn't happy about me getting her at first, afraid having a dog to pick things up and help me walk would make me less mobile - but in fact, it has allowed me to be more independent and more mobile, not less so. Now that she sees that, and understands it, she's all for it. :grouphug:

Just curious daylilyfan, where did you get your service dog and what other things the dog assist you with.

Teri

daylilyfan 03-19-2011 10:41 PM

I don't want to hijack the thread.... I'll PM your answers to you.

Lisa in Ohio 03-19-2011 11:12 PM

Good Luck and Good results!

ali12 03-20-2011 07:16 AM

Good Luck with your appointment, Patti! :) I hope all goes well and you get the help and advice you need :)!

I'm heading 4 and a half hours to a hospital in Bath (UK) tomorrow. They run an intense course for teenagers with RSD and my doctor has suggested I go on it as theres little else he can do! :( I'm absolutely dreading the car journey as they always make my pain a lot worse but hoping i'll be able to get some help. My appointment isn't while Tuesday but were going tomorrow so it's easier for me to deal with.

Good Luck again and please keep us posted! :)

Lisa in Ohio 03-20-2011 10:43 PM

Good luck to you too Ali. I really hope that this program can help you. You will be in my prayers and please keep us posted, Lisa