NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Hello everyone!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/77973-hello.html)

turtle_78 02-16-2009 08:01 AM

Hello everyone!!!

:)Sorry I have not been on, I have been so busy with the kids. Amie is getting so big she is about 15 lbs now and she is 3 months. She just started sleeping in her crib last night. She is laughing and she is starting to drool so much now, so I know the teeth are on there way. Robert and Hannah are doing great too. Both are loving preschool.

I saw my neuro last monday and we talked about going on meds. It looks like I am going to be stopping breast feeding Amie at 6 months insted of the 11 months I wanted to do:Sob::Bawling:. I know that she has had a great start in life and I NEED to say as healthy as possable for all of them. We are looking at Copaxone or Betaseron. There is a new study coming out and my doc wants to wait to see what that has to say before we make a choice. I have a history of depression so I don't really want anything that will affect that.
I have been doing a lot of reading on them both and I ahve a few quetions for the doc when I go back to see him in may..

I am going to try to get on more. I know that I am going to be asking a ton of questions about the meds. I would much rather ask you all because you have been there.:)

DM 02-16-2009 08:35 AM

Hi Sue! Glad to hear from you and that the kid's are all doing well. Can't believe that lil Amie is getting ready to cut some teeth. Wow, time is flying.

Hope you can find a med that works both for you and with you.

Take care, Sue and keep us posted on those kiddies!!! :hug:

ali12 02-16-2009 10:44 AM

Hi Sue,

It's so good to hear from you - I had been wondering how you were doing and am SO glad to hear that you're OK!:hug:

The kids sound absolutely adorable and I am SO glad to hear that Amie is doing well and is now sleeping in her crib on a night ... that's great!! I can't believe how much she has grown - it only seems like 2 minutes ago since she was born!!

I wish you the very best of luck with the medications that you are hoping to try and really hope they work for you and provide some relief from all of your MS symptoms. Please know that we are all here for you and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - we will try and help you out if we can!:hug:

Take care of yourself and thanks ever so much for updating us all on yourself and the kids!! Can't wait to see some more pictures of Amie when you are able to take some!!:D

SallyC 02-16-2009 01:11 PM

Hi Ya Turtle. Happy to hear that little Turtle is doing so well.:)

DMDs...Ugh!! I hope you and your Doc can find your magic potion and it helps you to stay steady for yourself and those kadiddles..:hug:

Lotsa Hugs coming your way.

NurseNancy 02-16-2009 02:42 PM

hi turt, good to hear from you about the family.

i had a hx of depression also. that's why i chose copaxone over and interferon, which can affect mood. i also didn't want to have any flu like side effects. so i traded all that for a daily shot. it's a bit of a "pain" but it becomes routine after a while.

glad amie is doing so well and the wee ones are in school. even a few hrs must give you a nice break to get things done.

please keep us posted.

Debbie D 02-16-2009 09:50 PM

Hey,
Glad you're back around...it's so miraculous to watch babies grow and develop, isn't it?:D Glad she's doing well, as well as the other babes.

I just started on Copaxone in Dec. After the initial month or so, it has gotten a lot easier to deal with. Wish I had gotten dxd earlier...it would have stopped the new sxs I'm dealing with now if I'd started DMDs sooner:(
It's great that your baby got a good start on breastfeeding...kudos to you!

Twinkletoes 02-16-2009 09:53 PM

Welcome back Turtle! :Wave-Hello: Congratulations on breast feeding, but sorry you won't be able to continue as long as planned. Even so, it gave her a good start.

What? No pictures of the kidlets? :confused:

turtle_78 02-17-2009 07:38 AM

:Doh::Bang-Head: Sorry about the pics, I have not gotten the film procssed yet. I was hoping to get my digital camera this year but We ahve to pay off a few bills first.
My hubby wants to know if I go on interferons will I get sick more?

I am being called away buy Amie... She is HUNGRY:Starvin::hissyfit: :Starvin:

braingonebad 02-17-2009 11:51 AM

I BF'd both mine too -DS for 6 mo, dd for 2. Turned out, she was allergic to milk.

:eek:

Had to go on a soy product and oddly, now she's vegan, so she does a lot of soy lol.

But it did seem to make a huge diff with my son. He was always super healthy, still is at age 25.

Anyhoo, I can see why you're too busy to get on here much. I'm watching grandbaby 3 yr old. Yikes. One kid, no time to do anything.

:o

Good luck!

:hug: