NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   TBI / PCS & HBOT! New Findings sorry if repetitive (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/62910-tbi-pcs-hbot-findings-sorry-repetitive.html)

Mikeyy 12-06-2008 01:04 PM

TBI / PCS & HBOT! New Findings sorry if repetitive

I was on Youtube and just doing some PCS Research when I stumbled across this video. Im definately going to look into this therapy, watch the video and there are a few other related videos! Looks to be VERY helpful
HBOT = Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Im going to post the link in the next post because I currently only have 9 posts and you need 10 to post a link sorry

Mikeyy 12-06-2008 01:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbFs9NN__Mk

seiko 12-06-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 420403)
I was on Youtube and just doing some PCS Research when I stumbled across this video. Im definately going to look into this therapy, watch the video and there are a few other related videos! Looks to be VERY helpful
HBOT = Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Im going to post the link in the next post because I currently only have 9 posts and you need 10 to post a link sorry

Hi Mikkey, I tried watching the video...and could not.
All I can say is thank God my injury was very mild.

Mikeyy 12-06-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko (Post 420415)
Hi Mikkey, I tried watching the video...and could not.
All I can say is thank God my injury was very mild.

wierd I just tried the link and it worked, well if it doesnt just go to youtube and type in "hyperbaric oxygen therapy" and watch a few of the videos. I too had a mild injury however, I feel that this therapy would be useful for even those of us with mild injuries!

Interesting to say the least

Mikeyy 12-06-2008 04:46 PM

going to go for my first HBOT session on Wednesday! ill keep you posted!

seiko 12-06-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 420462)
wierd I just tried the link and it worked, well if it doesnt just go to youtube and type in "hyperbaric oxygen therapy" and watch a few of the videos. I too had a mild injury however, I feel that this therapy would be useful for even those of us with mild injuries!

Interesting to say the least

Sorry Mickkey, I did not mean that I had technical problems watching it...I meant it was difficult watching the young man in that condition.

Mikeyy 12-07-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko (Post 420484)
Sorry Mickkey, I did not mean that I had technical problems watching it...I meant it was difficult watching the young man in that condition.

oh yes sorry seiko I misunderstood your post
It was horrifying but amazing to see his progress! I feel fortunate to not have been injured anywhere near his condition however it makes me feel hopeful that HBOT can help any of us with recovery

Lucy 12-08-2008 03:38 AM

Hi, I had a bit of a look at the video - when I see somebody so badly brain injured it always makes me think what am I complaining about? I wonder if this treatment would be any good for anybody 7 years post accident? Though I suppose some of my latest knocks may be treatable.

Lynlee

vini 12-08-2008 11:47 AM

good luck

good luck mikeyy with the treatment keep us posted as with all improvement with TBI it may take time thanks for finding the link and sharing

best wishes Vini:)

polarisgold 02-18-2009 06:40 PM

Hbot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 420474)
going to go for my first HBOT session on Wednesday! ill keep you posted!

I'm trying to raise money to get the hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I have near suicidal chronic pain problem. Could you tell me of your experience with it???? Please....