NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Secret Millionaire. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/146148-secret-millionaire.html)

Earl 03-06-2011 10:12 PM

Secret Millionaire.

New ahow on ABC. Really great. Hope you saw it.

Kitty 03-07-2011 04:33 AM

I watched it. Loved the two little ladies who ran the "Love Kitchen". They were precious and truly knew the meaning of the word "compassion". I can only hope to be more like them.

The lady who was undercover and eventually gave of her fortune was nice, too. I think coming from poverty gave her a unique understanding of what those she was helping were experiencing. Those born with a silver spoon in their mouth cannot possibly relate.

Debbie D 03-07-2011 07:27 AM

Loved all those who were trying hard to make a difference in their own way.

I read some smack about Dani Johnson online...is she for real, or is she a scam artist? Anyone know?

Not that it makes a difference. The show was wonderful, and gives you a glimmer of hope that humanity isn't lost after all...

Dejibo 03-07-2011 08:43 AM

I was upset that the folks I felt MOST deserving got the least amount of money. now before you throw rocks at me, I think very sick children need to be cheered up and having a pretty bedroom is a great idea, but feeding an entire neighborhood and passing out hugs and love to the starving and down trodden was MUCH more important. The publicity that the Love kitchen recieved gained them several other things like on Oprah they got a free year worth of food from Krogeur grocery stores and so on, but what on earth was this woman thinking to give 30k to bedrooms, and 20k to feeding everyone? I was left upset by her choices.

Didnt Dani make most of her money by leading others to believe they could make money just by reading her books, or paying huge amounts of money to attend her lectures? Just because she was once on welfare she proports herself to be an expert on how to rise above. That is supposed to make her advice and books invalueable. Her advice is awesome if you are young, strong and can pound on doors from dawn to dusk. What if you have kids and cant? what if you are sick and cant? what if no one has any money to buy what you are selling? I think she has gotten some very lucky breaks in life.

Good show, and I will watch it again.

Twinkletoes 03-07-2011 10:08 AM

Well, nuts, I missed it! :mad:

Kitty 03-07-2011 10:09 AM

I had never heard of her before now. :confused:

I did notice her reading her Bible on the show but never really said anything about religion.

I was scratching my head about the way she divided up the money she gave, too. I would have done it differently. But......at least she gave and they all got some needed publicity. That will probably bring them more in the long run.

Debbie D 03-07-2011 10:17 PM

Dej,
You brought up very valid points...I thought also that the kitchen should get billions of dollars...what a valuable service!