NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   One month post-op today (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/187157-month-post-op.html)

Pattymary88 04-18-2013 12:16 PM

One month post-op today

Whew it has been hard! They found my extra rib was only a nub so they left that alone. They removed the 1st rib and two of my scalenes. The surgeon said they were extremely tight! I also had my pec minor release. My lung was very attached to my first rib it didn't colapse but wow it is bruised and I still have trouble breathing going upstairs. Wow I wasn't prepared at all for the pain to follow! I was on some heavy duty pain meds and a combo of drugs so I could sleep. I made the mistake of not sleeping for a week and that slowed down my healing process. I should have called the doc before I became that sleep deprived. Pt is helping a lot my shoulder is very weak due to the pec minor. Make sure you lift your arm up the day after surgery a lot cause it starts to freeze right away. I have been working for the last couple weeks which as a graphic artist is really straining my shoulder. Neck feels awesome!!!!!!! Because I have had so many nerve releases in this arm already it has set some of those off again but it goes away....a lot of inflammation. What has worked best for me it to keep moving when I rest to much it all tightens up. Were there times when I was like what have I done to myself heck yes! I am much better than before my body just has to sort out all the changes......I am getting there!!!!!!! Now let's hope it sticks!

Jomar 04-18-2013 01:40 PM

Hope things keep improving , take it easy as best you can. :grouphug:

LiveLoveandTrust 04-18-2013 03:17 PM

So glad things are going well for you! It's a rough recovery but it sounds like great news all around.

nospam 04-18-2013 10:42 PM

Good news. Who was your surgeon?

mspennyloafer 04-19-2013 11:55 AM

Im curious...why couldnt they see the c-rib was a nub on an xray?

jkl626 04-19-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattymary88 (Post 976245)
Whew it has been hard! They found my extra rib was only a nub so they left that alone. They removed the 1st rib and two of my scalenes. The surgeon said they were extremely tight! I also had my pec minor release. My lung was very attached to my first rib it didn't colapse but wow it is bruised and I still have trouble breathing going upstairs. Wow I wasn't prepared at all for the pain to follow! I was on some heavy duty pain meds and a combo of drugs so I could sleep. I made the mistake of not sleeping for a week and that slowed down my healing process. I should have called the doc before I became that sleep deprived. Pt is helping a lot my shoulder is very weak due to the pec minor. Make sure you lift your arm up the day after surgery a lot cause it starts to freeze right away. I have been working for the last couple weeks which as a graphic artist is really straining my shoulder. Neck feels awesome!!!!!!! Because I have had so many nerve releases in this arm already it has set some of those off again but it goes away....a lot of inflammation. What has worked best for me it to keep moving when I rest to much it all tightens up. Were there times when I was like what have I done to myself heck yes! I am much better than before my body just has to sort out all the changes......I am getting there!!!!!!! Now let's hope it sticks!

Wow-cant beleive you have been working- I hope you can rest it so it doesnt flare up again. its amazing how many of us are artists. Let us know your progress-take care. also curious who your dr . is?

Lava1222 04-30-2013 05:58 PM

I am 3 weeks post-op today. The first 2 weeks were extremely difficult, and I also often wondered why I did this. However, what a world of difference a week can make. I am functional again, although still on low dose oxycodone.
I am not experiencing any of my pre-op symtpoms and already consider the surgery a success. Hopefully the healing will really start to progress from here on out! Hope you are doing well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattymary88 (Post 976245)