NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Atn, tmj ???????? (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/208468-atn-tmj.html)

bradrich11 08-23-2014 02:32 PM

Atn, tmj ????????

Hello all. I have been reading alot on TN,ATN,AND TMJ. I am not sure which i have,or whether its 2 combined,but it appears it goes hand in hand after a tooth extraction.I have booked to see dentist soon as my jaw has been hurting more,and i notice the clenching of my jaw,plus i have teeth marks on edge of tongue.I am going to get a mouth guard hopefully,ans hope and pray the pain goes.I have had a bad day today,face hurting,and head on r/s.No pain killer has worked today.I have rested,but no,the dreaded wants to stay. Better tomorrow me thinks.

Vowel Lady 08-24-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradrich11 (Post 1091254)
Hello all. I have been reading alot on TN,ATN,AND TMJ. I am not sure which i have,or whether its 2 combined,but it appears it goes hand in hand after a tooth extraction.I have booked to see dentist soon as my jaw has been hurting more,and i notice the clenching of my jaw,plus i have teeth marks on edge of tongue.I am going to get a mouth guard hopefully,ans hope and pray the pain goes.I have had a bad day today,face hurting,and head on r/s.No pain killer has worked today.I have rested,but no,the dreaded wants to stay. Better tomorrow me thinks.

I suppose you could have both. I find myself clenching at times when the pain is severe. Personally, I think if capsaicin brings some relief, it is more likely related to nerve pain.

Another tell tale sign for me is a cold wind on my face brings on bad pain.

My neuro and an oral surgeon/MD listened to every little detail of my story and determined it was nerve pain.

So....finding good professionals willing to listen might help you figure it out for sure.

bradrich11 08-24-2014 04:24 PM

oh yes,cold does it for me too,last winter whilst trying to work,i had real issues,so much so,i went home as i was in pain. i had a scarf round my face,but nooooo,the pain was there. I work outside alot,so its gonna be the same this yr presumably.Today was nippy here for aug,and my face hurt today.I wish i had someone 'good' ,someone who doesnt just give you meds and sends you on your way,and someone who may look at the other meds i take before given me some that interact with each other. :(

Another tell tale sign for me is a cold wind on my face brings on bad pain.

My neuro and an oral surgeon/MD listened to every little detail of my story and determined it was nerve pain.

So....finding good professionals willing to listen might help you figure it out for sure.[/QUOTE]