NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   In agony (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/227740-agony.html)

BioBased 10-22-2015 08:48 PM

In agony

Since I had the colonoscopy and endoscopy I am in agony. I think it is because I was positioned badly on the table. My foot hurts and so does my right lower back. I don't know what to do. My h thinks I need to call the doctor. We have been here before-I drag my agonized self for help and get nothing.

happygirlpa 10-22-2015 09:09 PM

Im sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I had these tests a year or so ago. Modern human torture if you ask me. I'm going to ask to obvious- any fever, vomiting, blood or other leakages if you get my drift? If not then thats good. If yes- call your doctor. If no, Have you tried tylenol a warm bath or a hot water bottle or heating pad on your back?
Now im not a doctor so use your best judgement. Try treating this like muscle ache and if you dont feel well, or have any concerns call your doctor. They get big bucks to answer these questions. Dont be shy. Make him earn it haha . Hope you feel better soon

St George 2013 10-22-2015 09:12 PM

I am so sorry Bio :(

Maybe just call and see if there is anything they can do without you having to go in.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this and my heart just hurts for you.

These are not fun tests at all and then to have to suffer like you are afterwards is just not right.

Sure hope you feel better very soon and I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Debi from Georgia

mama mac 10-22-2015 10:15 PM

Bio,
I was so hoping you would be feeling better today. At least a call to the doctor might a good idea to make sure there was no problem with the tests. I'm pretty sure your foot would not have anything to do with it but your back might. Did they remove any polyps ? Still hoping you will be better soon and maybe won't need to call. ~mac

BioBased 10-23-2015 04:42 AM

Yes, mama, a small polyp was removed.

Thankfully no fever, vomiting or nausea.

Littlepaw 10-23-2015 08:32 AM

Hi BB,

Sorry you are going through this. As if those tests are any fun by themselves...
I agree it is worth calling your doctor, At least start a record of there being a problem. A majority of complaints against anesthesia have to do with issues resulting from positioning. I have read that the majority of those resolve with time, so odds are you're not stuck with this.

Knowing how sensitive our bodies and nerves are, it may not have taken that much to throw you off. I hope you recover soon!

Sending hugs and healing love, :hug:

BioBased 10-23-2015 10:29 AM

I have a call in. The first response was "Gee, I doubt it is from the procedure, because you are on your side for the colonoscopy and on your back for the endoscopy, but I will tell the doctor who assisted in the procedure."

Hopefully, it will pass in time, but right now I am miserable.

mama mac 10-23-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioBased (Post 1179364)
I have a call in. The first response was "Gee, I doubt it is from the procedure, because you are on your side for the colonoscopy and on your back for the endoscopy, but I will tell the doctor who assisted in the procedure."

Hopefully, it will pass in time, but right now I am miserable.

A predictable response, but still good you let them know. I hope this is a fast pass and I'm sorry you a feeling so miserable. ~mac :Sorry:

BioBased 10-23-2015 11:33 AM

2nd response, probably not from procedure, call your GP or go to the emergency room.

-Spike- 10-23-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioBased (Post 1179376)
2nd response, probably not from procedure, call your GP or go to the emergency room.

Doctors... errr.. so.. why not help this person rather than shuffling them off to someone else. Oh, the joy of modern medicine. <rant ends here>