NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What kind of car do you drive/own? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/130390-car-drive-own.html)

Earl 08-16-2010 06:23 AM

What kind of car do you drive/own?

I am up early again and decided to start a new thread, so out of boredom, here's a fun one to find out the diversity of this crowd. I am asking what car you CURRENTLY drive, not what you have had in the past or want in the future, but add that in the comments if you want.

Earl 08-16-2010 10:29 AM

I guess it's a bomb

This thread has 48 views and zero replies, so if the mod's want to take it down, that's fine. I tried.

Earl 08-16-2010 10:30 AM

scratch that

I didn't see the votes, keep it up please. thanks.

Blessings2You 08-16-2010 11:06 AM

I love my 1999 Subaru Forester. I'd go buy another Forester in a heartbeat, except this one isn't used up yet. Only have 71,000 miles on it. Barely broke in. :D

agate 08-16-2010 11:57 AM

I may have misunderstood the purpose of the poll. I thought there'd be an option for those who don't have a car, and so I checked "None of the above," then noticed that that reply is meant for people who own a car but it's not one of the types listed.

Sorry if I messed up your poll!

Seriously, though, there are people who don't have cars and have never had cars. PwMS have sometimes had to give up their cars too--so there must be quite a few people here without cars.

Kitty 08-16-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agate (Post 685666)
Seriously, though, there are people who don't have cars and have never had cars. PwMS have sometimes had to give up their cars too--so there must be quite a few people here without cars.

I don't own a car anymore. I have use of one.....but I don't own it.

I used to have one. My oldest son had the opportunity to sell his car and get out of a ridiculously high car note. So......I sold my car to him (no $$ changed hands but he did inherit my car payment.....which was less than 1/2 of his old payment). My younger son still lives at home so when I need a car (which is not very often) I use his. It takes a bit of planning on my part but wow.....the amount of money I have saved not having the expense of a car is totally worth it. Plus, I feel like I'm making a positive difference in the environment.

I have gotten my need for a car down to twice a month. Once for my "big" grocery shopping trip and once for my "fill in" grocery trip and drug store/misc. trip. Dr. appointments and other misc. things don't happen that often but they are doable.

I've saved so much money by not having a car readily available to me for those spontaneous trips to the mall or Target.

I no longer have a car payment, insurance payment, yearly car tag and inspection, gas and maintenance.

I've checked out car rentals and even if I needed a car four consecutive days each month it would cost less than owning a car. Lots less! And they will even come pick me up and take me back home once I turn the car in! I would only use the rental car scenario as a last resort but it's good to know it's available if I need it.

I think I'm becoming a minimalist!

ScaredNewbie 08-16-2010 12:51 PM

1999 Mercury Mountaineer & 1998 Chevy Silverado

Erin524 08-16-2010 01:32 PM

I have a 1999 Toyota Rav4-L. Full time four wheel drive. Love my car. Had an 88 Toyota Camry All-Trac that is apparently the grandparent of my Rav4. My Rav drives just like that Camry did, which is probably why I love the Rav so much.

I'm planning on driving my Rav till it wont go any more or until I cant work the stick shift any more. (think that will happen before the Rav quits working) After the Rav is gone, I want a minivan.

KajunButterfly 08-16-2010 01:48 PM

we have 3...poll wouldn't let me check more than one....2007 Chevy Impala, 2004 Mercury mini van...1999 Ford pickup.

Kitty 08-16-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 685709)
After the Rav is gone, I want a minivan.

Love it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4