NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Leaking ears and profuse sweating (sometimes oily) (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/150145-leaking-ears-profuse-sweating-sometimes-oily.html)

titanrules 05-13-2011 04:24 PM

Leaking ears and profuse sweating (sometimes oily)

has anyone with pn or sfn ever had their ears leak? sometimes it is only a sensation and other times I wake up with a very wet pillow.
also profuse sweating...i can be cold, or just sitting and literally drops are falling onto my legs! i have had only 1/2 my face sweat, just my scalp sweat, other times my whole head sweats.
thank you to anyone to replies!

daniella 05-15-2011 09:09 AM

My ear does not leak but I have severe ear pain. I have not had an ear infection though for a few years but I did have a couple. My ear pain and pressure may be connected to my condition since they can't find the why I have this pain through the test. Have you been to an ear,nose,throat doctor? I would start there and also talk to your neuro? Mine did an mri of my ear after the ear nose and throat doctor could not find a reason.Feel better.

Jon1260 08-01-2011 05:51 PM

It's so odd you mention this; I have pn and sometimes feel a cold sensation in both ears and think they are about to leak - it actually feels like cold air rushing through my ears. I've mentioned this to my neuro and he doesn't react...I've always felt it had something to do with all this darn medication I'm taking...

Akashenov 05-16-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanrules (Post 770162)
has anyone with pn or sfn ever had their ears leak? sometimes it is only a sensation and other times I wake up with a very wet pillow.
also profuse sweating...i can be cold, or just sitting and literally drops are falling onto my legs! i have had only 1/2 my face sweat, just my scalp sweat, other times my whole head sweats.

Yes, I have this. never connected the strange ear sensation to SFN. I hate the profuse sweating, at odd times (not working out, etc), but sometimes worse is when I am hot or in a hot place, and can not sweat at all. I overheat and become quite ill! yuck.

dogwalker 05-16-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanrules (Post 770162)

I haven't had any ear problems but can relate to the weird sweating issues. All last summer I never sweated anywhere below the neck, but my head would be drenched, even if it wasn't hot and I was sitting still. Sometimes only the lower half of my scalp would sweat; and once I had just a narrow trickle of sweat streaming down one side of the back of my neck.

Anaberration 05-16-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogwalker (Post 1069777)
I haven't had any ear problems but can relate to the weird sweating issues. All last summer I never sweated anywhere below the neck, but my head would be drenched, even if it wasn't hot and I was sitting still. Sometimes only the lower half of my scalp would sweat; and once I had just a narrow trickle of sweat streaming down one side of the back of my neck.

Yeah ditto here with the sweating ! Hah, it reminds me of the old Irish Spring soap commercial, where the water is spraying out of the soap like an oscillating lawn sprinkler ? Lol, sweat almost sprays off me-doctor says the gabapentin causes it also.

v5118lKftfk 05-30-2014 07:48 AM

Any thoughts on difference between seating and hotflashes?

Yes I can attest to both.

Instantly the inside of my ears will be wet, usually in the very early hours of the mornings. I put it down to an over-production of wax, perhaps a reaction to using a cotton swab. Sometimes, I jump up and use a cotton swab to see if there is a lot of fluid, or the swab looks wet or like yellow wax ... but nothing. Makes me feel like it is "in my head".

As for sweating .... anyone have any thoughts on how I can distinguish between strange PN sweating and post-oopherectomy hot flashes?

Natalie