NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Nickel allergy with no external symptoms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/219086-nickel-allergy-external-symptoms.html)

just_kayte 04-20-2015 01:52 PM

Nickel allergy with no external symptoms?

I've recently been having a lot of health issues. In November and again in February I was hospitalized for obstipation. Since November, I am weak, have a constant headache that nothing can touch, always feel exhausted, and even though I am now on Linzess, Metamucil and stool softeners, I am starting to bind up again. I was recently diagnosed with a "severe systemic nickel allergy" which, after much research, could easily explain all of my symptoms. I have now started a low-nickel diet and am hoping for some systemic relief.

My question is this: has anyone experienced their nickel allergy internally without any external manifestations? I know that I often have issues with previously unexplained rashes, but as I'm currently not having any external symptoms does that mean I I'm probably not currently having internal symptoms either? I am going to continue with the diet but am being told it could be a month before I see any results and I was hoping that maybe someone had some encouraging advice.

Thank you!

VGOMES 05-24-2015 10:07 AM

Nickel systemic allergy

Hello;
Can you tell me how was diagnosed your Nickel allergy? blood test ? patch test ?

Did doctors gave you a medication called "dissodium cromoglycate".

I'm facing my self probably to a Nickel allergy without any skin manifestation (except a very dry skin).

My symptoms are Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation... but as well some kidneys issues!

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_kayte (Post 1137076)
I've recently been having a lot of health issues. In November and again in February I was hospitalized for obstipation. Since November, I am weak, have a constant headache that nothing can touch, always feel exhausted, and even though I am now on Linzess, Metamucil and stool softeners, I am starting to bind up again. I was recently diagnosed with a "severe systemic nickel allergy" which, after much research, could easily explain all of my symptoms. I have now started a low-nickel diet and am hoping for some systemic relief.

My question is this: has anyone experienced their nickel allergy internally without any external manifestations? I know that I often have issues with previously unexplained rashes, but as I'm currently not having any external symptoms does that mean I I'm probably not currently having internal symptoms either? I am going to continue with the diet but am being told it could be a month before I see any results and I was hoping that maybe someone had some encouraging advice.

Thank you!