NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   back pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/29152-pain.html)

eileen15565 09-30-2007 11:03 AM

back pain

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if RSD has spread to their back? I have had lower back pain on the side of my rsd. It has now spread to the other side of my back. I am going to call my dr. tommorow but was just wondering if could be my rsd.

Thanks,

Eileen

InHisHands 09-30-2007 11:15 AM

My RSD is in my entire back, spread there months ago. I have back pain- the burning pain, stabbing pain (it goes right through my abdomen often), deep muscle aches and spasms all the time.

I find that lying on my back is often too much, and it increases the pain... so I found that lying on my side with a pillow in between my legs helps with the pain.

Also, back stretches help sometimes- like laying over a pillow/ huge therapy ball and shifting weight off/on knees and palms. It hurts a ton (definitely much more so at first), but it does relieve a little bit of the stiffness. I cannot do the stretches as much anymore because of my tremors I would fall and break my neck without assistance, but I'd definetely recommend you try stretching.

You may want to try a little bit of desensitization exercises, and remain wearing clothes on your affected area! If you stop it is much harder to get back into it.

I hope this helps, many ((pain free hugs)) as you deal with RSD in your back. It isn't easy-- hang in there! :hug::hug:

Sandel 09-30-2007 01:54 PM

aww..

I would get your doctor to check your kidneys as well, I too have RSD in my back as well but most of my major pain comes from my kidneys these days.. however it could be just an infection or something in the kidneys causing the pain.. always best to check it out with Doc.

I hope thats whats wrong but don't be suprised if they find nothing conclusive Eileen.

healing :grouphug: fer and from all of us
Sandra

Pst.. a big thanks Ness for the avatars :hug:

dreambeliever128 09-30-2007 03:00 PM

Hi Eileen,

You could have osteoarthritis or disc problems also.

Ada

tayla4me 10-01-2007 03:51 AM

Hi Eileen,

I often have a very sore back but I attribute it to the way I try to get around and my posture.
I have allodynic pain across my back but have alwayd been treated by my physiotherapist for my deep back pain.
If you could possibly tolerate hydrotherapy then it is THE BEST:)for my pain. Takes a lot to get into the pool but once in there it is a miracle.
As everyone has said it is always good to see your doctor to eliminate the possibilty of something else going on.
Good luck
Tayla:hug:

bassman 10-01-2007 09:50 AM

I don't know what kind of pain you are experiencing, but if it is at typical spine/disc/muscle kind of thing we all get by overexertion or other strain, it might just be that you hurt you back from poor posture. I find that I am often walking very lop-sided and twisted to take pressure off of my RSD foot. That’s harder now that it is spreading to the other leg as well, but you get the picture.

When we have poor posture in walking, standing, sitting, even lying down, we can throw the back into all sorts of painful conditions. After your MD rules out kidney problems or other thing mentioned here already, you might want to find a chiropractor or massage therapist familiar with RSD who can get you straight again.

If, on the other hand, you have other back pain – never mind that. I have quite a bit of pain on the scar where the electrodes for my SCS were implanted, and along the wires. It is also super-sensitive. People hear “back pain” and automatically think vertebrae and discs. If you are talking good ol’ RSD non-specific pain, yes it is very possible to get it there, like anywhere else.

Good luck, :hug:

Mike