NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Rant about work (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/132620-rant.html)

ewizabeth 09-14-2010 11:56 PM

Rant about work

Ok, the last day I worked I had a disagreement with a co-worker. We work for commissions being in sales. I had an appointment set up with a family for a very good sale that would net good commissions in the end.

They walked in and I was busy giving information to someone else who had walked in.

My co-worker, a young woman who is doing good but being pretty aggressive, engaged my group telling them I was not available.

When I finished what I was doing and looked up and saw the young lady in the midst of taking over my sale, I nearly blew a gasket. I mentioned it to her and she said, "you were busy."

It was the end of a long week so I didn't handle it particularly well, but said, yes, I had this all set up... and she just continued as I looked on, flabbergasted. :eek:

And on it went. She continued with them and I glared at her (she was right next to me working.) ... and she proceeded to say, with a huge smile, "you're lucky not to be doing this, it's very complicated."

I replied, "yes, I know all of the details, I spoke to them a few days ago for about two hours so we knew just what they were going to do."

Now, keep in mind, I'm trying to keep my cool because the customer's comfort is foremost. This customer had come in and asked for me and my co-worker said I was not available. She did not come over and ask me how long I would be (which is the normal, courteous thing to do in sales.)

So, I had words with the manager and he knew I was livid. He acknowledged I was 100% justified to be angry over this. I did end up doing part of the transaction and my customer knew (because my anger was apparent though I tried to hide it) that it should have all been done by me.

Anyway, at the end of the night, my co-worker apoligized for doing what she did, and I hugged her and forgave her. :rolleyes: The manager told her that it is common courtesy to ask about a sale before proceeding when someone mentions another rep's name.

I was so angry about this, you just can't imagine. I know this girl won't do this again though, lol.

Thanks for letting me vent. :o

lefthanded 09-15-2010 01:36 AM

I am happy to hear there are employers and co-workers who actually acknowledge when they have acted in error! But that said, I fully understand how you must have felt. It is never fun seeing someone else get credit for your own work, let alone the commission, promotion, or whatever. But wow. . . . I guess I was not expecting to hear of an apology and acknowledgment of your work! Good for you, for standing up for yourself and what is right.

Kitty 09-15-2010 04:07 AM

Good for you, Wiz. :) You helped that girl learn two important lessons. One being don't mess with anyone's commission and two being it's important to forgive. I'm sure she'll think twice before trying that little trick again.

kicker 09-15-2010 07:11 AM

I don't care if she apologized, she still stole your commission. She knew what she was doing. Keep your "nasty-pants" coolly polite explaining voice ready for this one and others like her. I worked as a secretary in a real estate office and believe me learned a thing or two watching the ladies do their jobs. Everyone was nice but you knew not to mess with them.

kicker 09-15-2010 07:51 AM

I don't care if she apologized, she still stole your commission. She knew what she was doing. Keep your "nasty-pants" coolly polite explaining voice ready for this one and others like her. I worked as a secretary in a real estate office and believe me learned a thing or two watching the ladies do their jobs. Everyone was nice but you knew not to mess with them.

If nothing else, the commission should be divided (set up meeting with manage) since your set this sale up (referrel or something)

Dejibo 09-15-2010 08:18 AM

gee, isnt it common place that if you share a sale, you share the commision? You did alot of work for that sale, and while she stole them from under you, so did she. I would mention it to the boss that you expect HALF the commision.

I am happy you went to the boss about it. Way to go! dont let them wipe their feet on you. :hug:

AfterMyNap 09-15-2010 08:27 AM

Holy cow, Wiz, you're a bigger man than I! Knowing how level-headed and easy-going you are, it's pretty obvious the little vixen really poached your eggs.

Let's assume— give her the benefit of the doubt— that she is ill-bred, poorly educated (if at all), inexperienced and has no concept of courtesy or ethics. Remember also that all her colleagues saw this, also her manager, and especially the clients.

Kudos for keeping your head on and turning on the lights, I'm sure I would have skipped the above and gone straight to violence and conspiracy. ;)

By the same token, it was quite uncool that the clients didn't say they'd wait for you. I'm a loyal customer and go the distance to make sure I deal with the individual who did the original legwork.

Riverwild 09-15-2010 09:36 AM

Geez, y'all are just too nice!
I'd have invited her to go for a boat ride with me...
:Sinking::Oops::Help: :lookaround: :Thats-Funneh: :Wave-Hello:

Debbie D 09-15-2010 09:45 AM

Oops...we were looking at a car last year, and worked with a nice young man. We always take a day to think things over.
We went back the next evening to look things over, and he wasn't in, so we worked with another man, who showed us the car we eventually bought.

they ended up sharing the commission...

My question as a customer is, are we supposed to wait for the salesperson we originally worked with? Or is it okay to work with someone else?

I never thought about it from the salesperson's point of view before...:o

Erin524 09-15-2010 11:57 AM

when I used to shop at Lane Bryant (back when I had a job that allowed me to blow $60 on a pair of jeans) if a certain salesperson was helping me, and I went up to pay for my stuff, I always made sure to tell the person manning the register that "salesperson" was the one helping me.

When I got to be friends with one of the salespeople, when I would go back to buy stuff, and that person wasnt there, I would still tell the cashier that that certain salesperson had helped me out and to make sure she'd gotten the credit for helping me.

If I had two people help, I'd try to make sure they both got the credit for the sale.