NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Hi, (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/15737-hi.html)

dreambeliever128 03-17-2007 08:10 PM

Hi,

I'm not new to the forums. I have been on several for some time, Fibro, RSD,and TOS.

I have delt with CFS for about 8 years. I went from sleeping for a year. I swear it makes you feel like Sleeping Beauty except for the fact that a kiss won't wake you for long anyway, to not sleeping for long at nights due to the RSD and Fibro.

The weather here is warming and I don't know if this is what is making me deal with the CFS again but it's coming on again. I notice it more in the afternoon and evening.

What I am wondering is what is out there now medication wise to help with CFS. I haven't asked my Dr. for anything due to dealing with other medical problems but I am thinking I need to find something that might help me. I think back when I first got it in 98 there wasn't much out that seemed to work for it, is there more now?

Thanks for the help.

Ada

Wittesea 03-21-2007 11:52 AM

Hi Ada,

I also have CFS, and my doctor prescribed Provigil for me, and it helps a lot. Other patients with CFS have used ADD medications (Ritalin, Adderal, etc..) and those medications can sometimes help as well.

For me, the Provigil works well. It's not perfect, I still have some fatigue, but I am doing much better with the Provigil and I am a lot less fatigued than before.

Another thing that helped my fatigue was improving my sleep at night. I found that when I have a set sleep schedule I get better sleep and I am less fatigued during the day. I go to bed at the same time every night, and I wake up at the same time every morning. I also use a medication at bedtime to help me sleep better so that I am getting more refreshing and deeper sleep - which reduces daytime fatigue for me.

The final thing that helps is maintaining a daily schedule that is about the same everyday, and that includes some light exercise and a rest period. I set aside an hour everyday (at the same time everyday) and I lay down on the couch with my eyes closed and listen to the TV. Sometimes I fall asleep for a short nap, but whether I rest or nap I always keep the rest period to one hour only.

All of the things I do to reduce my fatigue do help on some level, but for me the thing that helps the most is the Provigil.

I hope that helps,
Liz

dreambeliever128 03-23-2007 07:23 PM

Thank you Liz,

I had seen someone mention the Provigil before. I think I will read up on it and see if it is something I might try.

Thanks again,
Ada

dreambeliever128 06-13-2007 11:47 AM

Hi,

My Dr. gave me a script for Ridelin for CFS but my insurance won't approve it. Has anyone tried it for CFS?

My CFS has gotten so much worse. It started coming back on after I lost my husband in Nov. and now it has gotten to the point where I deal with it day and night. I went to sleep Monday night sitting here at the computer and I slept for about 10 minutes in this chair. I am always afraid I am going to fall and hurt myself when I do this.

Are there any over the counter herbs or meds that any of you see that might help?

Thanks,
Ada