NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Anyone with PCS have Vibration Problems (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/165186-pcs-vibration.html)

crossline 02-19-2012 06:41 AM

Anyone with PCS have Vibration Problems

I was wondering if anyone has had any reoccurring symptoms from say, extended car rides or power tools, anything that would Vibrate your body? thanks for your comments, :)

Klaus 02-19-2012 10:31 AM

Yes definitely. I am very sensitive to anything like that which jolts or vibrates my head. I avoid them and it sounds like you should too. After 11 months I have still not run for this reason.

If you can't avoid a car journey over bumpy roads or speedbumps, a lot less of the vibration goes to your head if you lean forward out of the seat. I guess your body takes more of it rather than it travelling up the seat straight to your head, or something.

A word of warning, this 'fragile' head meant that when I was well on the way to recovery and was jolted hard in the back by an overexcited teenager, the effect was basically the same as another concussion, even though he didn't touch my head. I would estimate that this incident added about 8 months to my recovery. Be very careful to keep yourself out of harm's way.

All the best!

xanadu00 02-19-2012 09:42 PM

I have this too. I put some extra soles and gel heel cups in all my shoes (even my slippers!) to help absorb the shock just from walking. That seemed to make a big difference.

SpaceCadet 02-19-2012 10:21 PM

That's a good question. My answer is...I'm not really sure?

I have an increase in symptoms during long car rides but I'm not sure if its from the visual stimulation or the ride itself. Maybe both?

xxxxcrystalxxxx 02-19-2012 11:04 PM

Yes, yes, yes. Its getting better but running is a no go. My husbands truck puts a strain on me. The jarring bumpy ride and then the leap in and out. Im 5 1 and his truck is tall. I also make sure not to ride the tractor. I do walk but ive been down and out with the stress. Walking is so theraputic. Im also being taught relaxation techniques. I also had trouble with the harley. It vibrates alot. I ride as a passanger. Im hop
ing this summer it will be better.

crossline 02-20-2012 09:15 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments, I will add that i am not sure if it's PCS related to vibrations or the Mild herniated disc in my C-4 that's pressing into my spinal cord slightly that's causing the vibration related symptoms, I am considering starting spinal decompression therapy for the Herniated disc, if anyone has had any experince with the spinal decompression therapy i would certainly love to hear your thoughts, Blessings everyone :)