NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Renee's Tysabri Log (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/41038-renees-tysabri-log.html)

NaeNae 03-11-2008 02:00 PM

Renee's Tysabri Log

Ok I did it! Had my first Tysabri infusion today. They ran it over two hours then observed me for one hour after. No problemo so far! I premedicated with Ibuprofen and Bendaryl a little stronger than the usually recommended Clariten but I am extremely med sensitive so thought it was a wise choice. The only problem is I am a bit tired but hey thats normal right? Here's keeping the fingers crossed it keeps going as smoothly!!

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-11-2008 11:22 PM

Congrats! Renee....I hope it does you some good. I know you've been suffering so I wish you well. Keep us posted on your progress! :hug:

Koala77 03-12-2008 02:00 AM

I'm really pleased it went well for you.

Good luck with the rest of the infusions.

woodhaven 03-12-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afwifeRM (Post 234583)
Ok I did it! Had my first Tysabri infusion today. They ran it over two hours then observed me for one hour after. No problemo so far! I premedicated with Ibuprofen and Bendaryl a little stronger than the usually recommended Clariten but I am extremely med sensitive so thought it was a wise choice. The only problem is I am a bit tired but hey thats normal right? Here's keeping the fingers crossed it keeps going as smoothly!!

I am really glad things went well for you and hope they still are. Could you tell me where in Norfolk you had this procedure? Thanks

NaeNae 03-13-2008 06:53 AM

I think it is is called Home Choice Partners I will double check when I go downstairs...it is on Robinhood Rd.

Just a quick update...the evening of my infusion I started getting nauseated...by that night I was having horrible pain like I was either having a gallbladder attack (although I had mine removed) or a kidney stone...it continued all day yesterday...of course I couldn't get into my doc but I am going today. this may be something totally not Tysabri related but the timing was odd, I have seen that it can cause abd pain and even appendicitis and gallbladder problems as well as we all know the liver issues wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

woodhaven 03-13-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afwifeRM (Post 235862)
I think it is is called Home Choice Partners I will double check when I go downstairs...it is on Robinhood Rd.

Just a quick update...the evening of my infusion I started getting nauseated...by that night I was having horrible pain like I was either having a gallbladder attack (although I had mine removed) or a kidney stone...it continued all day yesterday...of course I couldn't get into my doc but I am going today. this may be something totally not Tysabri related but the timing was odd, I have seen that it can cause abd pain and even appendicitis and gallbladder problems as well as we all know the liver issues wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Thanks for your response. I am not on it but my Neuro was pushing for it before I had my last MRI. Had been on Rebif for a year and with the last MRI showing no new changes, we left it like it is for now. Had I been going on Tysabri, I was not looking forward to a trip to Charlottesville or Duke, which I was told were the closest centers for the Touch infusion.

Sure hope your day today has gotten better and you were able to see your doc and everything is okay. Have a good one.

mrsD 03-13-2008 04:35 PM

I don't know much about this drug Tysabri...

or its administration. But if you need an antihistamine, Claritin is just not a wise choice.

I'd stay with Benadryl or at least Atarax (both are most potent for allergic
reactions). Claritin is next to useless IMO.

If you must have an OTC item, then Zyrtec would be a next best choice
for potency...since it is related to Atarax.

NaeNae 03-13-2008 09:11 PM

Thanks all, woodhaven do you live near here? I live in Hampton. That is the name of the center and they have many Tysabri patients....I do feel much better today not sure if it was Ty related or not neither is doc, but I did find out that my Vit D level is critically low "again" normal for a white person is 30-70 last time it was low mine was 8 this time it is less than 2 so now I am off to see why the malabsorption.

woodhaven 03-14-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afwifeRM (Post 236481)
Thanks all, woodhaven do you live near here? I live in Hampton. That is the name of the center and they have many Tysabri patients....I do feel much better today not sure if it was Ty related or not neither is doc, but I did find out that my Vit D level is critically low "again" normal for a white person is 30-70 last time it was low mine was 8 this time it is less than 2 so now I am off to see why the malabsorption.

Not far across the JRB from you. Glad you are feeling better and hope you get your Vit D level back where it is supposed to be.

SandyC 03-14-2008 06:45 PM

Hey Renee! I pray Tysabri works well for you. MS hasn't been your bff lately has it?