NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Lumosity (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/209884-lumosity.html)

MomWriterStudent 09-22-2014 08:37 AM

Lumosity

Have any of you tried this? I did the Fit Test today and got a 54% in speed match, 79% in memory match, and 22% in train of thought. The first 2 scores may sound decent, but I used to score in the 90s on tests like this.

"Train of Thought" had to do with multitasking. I am not surprised that I did terribly there, as I can't even cook dinner and talk to my kids at the same time now. I get overwhelmed at the checkout lane when I shop because I'm trying to unload items, watch my toddlers, pay for my stuff, and chat with the cashier. When my ex is being a jerk, he talks over me because he knows I will get completely flustered and lose my train of thought.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody actually paid for a subscription to this and had good results. I'm thinking about buying it, especially if it will help me get good at multitasking again.

Bruins88 09-22-2014 11:12 AM

Yes I suscribed. When I finished my cognitive therapy my therapist recommended me to continue it. I do it on a daily basis and the full site has a lot more.

I score in the 20% percentile or less in all areas. Also, they have a neuropsych test as well, but give you a generalized score and not a written report.

Lara 09-22-2014 01:20 PM

I really liked the site, but then I realized they wanted allllll my personal details, so that was the end of that.

Estreetfan 09-22-2014 04:47 PM

There is an app called FitBrains which is cheaper. some of the games are free whether you subscribe or not.

EsthersDoll 09-25-2014 12:27 AM

I played the games on Lumosity for a couple of years when it first started-ish... I think it gave me something to do more than helped to rehabilitate me... but it's complicated so it's difficult to know... at least it kept track of my improvements. :)

willgardner 09-25-2014 01:02 AM

I just checked. Lumocity is way cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estreetfan (Post 1098392)
There is an app called FitBrains which is cheaper. some of the games are free whether you subscribe or not.

Mark in Idaho 09-25-2014 01:26 AM

Google AARP and brain games. They have a free assortment. They do not track your result beyond scores for each game.

willgardner 09-25-2014 01:37 AM

loving "Train of Thought" on Lumosity.

anon1028 09-25-2014 05:14 AM

I haven't tried Luminosity. I assume its a brain game thing. After seven years of proudly boasting how my cognitive functions weren't affected, I've started forgetting the right words in a sentence, took some memory tests online and did terribly, except on the remember words test. I remembered 7 which just fits into normal range.
No doctor will tell me whether the burning and pain in my head is just sensory or if it is doing damage. I wish i could get a straight answer.
I'm hoping turmeric is protecting what's left and eating up plaque like it did in clinical trials :) Incredible statistics out there about the much lower Alzheimer's rate in India due to the turmeric, they suspect.