NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Just began Opana and Lyrica (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/34114-opana-lyrica.html)

CZZ74 12-17-2007 06:03 AM

Just began Opana and Lyrica

Hi just wanted to post that my pain management dr. just in desperation after a shocking month of level 9 pain put first- me on- the fentynal patch-50 mg. no relief- I had percocet for breakthrough. nothing. at this time I was continuing my neuortin ive been on 1800 mg for 3 years. then since I had no relief from the fentynal patch which was replacing 40 mg of oxcycontin twice a day with percocet for breakthrough- my dr put me on Opana er and Lyrica.
I am not suffering for the first time in 6 weeks. My pain is down to a 4. That is a number I have not seen since the coma or immediatly following my booster infusion. Im so excited. I have had no side effects except increased appetite and since I had no appetite for now that is not a problem. but it is a big dose. 40mg OPana er twice a day with percocet for break through. I did not ahve to take the percocet the first two day- that has never happened before. I usally take all 4 that are allowed. And the Lyrica controlled my burning for the first time. my dose on the lyrica is 150 mg twice a day.
Just wanted to post this information in case someone else was suffering as i was. this is the least pain I have been in in some time-- there is hope.CZ

debbiehub 12-17-2007 09:34 PM

Great

Yeah! I am so happy for you! Maybe I will give the Lyrica another shot. Dont forget to ask Dr S about the ECT-

Deb

Desi 12-17-2007 10:31 PM

CZ that is terriffic and I am really glad to hear that your finally getting the pain relief that you so need with this beast.
Now, I am on that patch, same Mg. as you and it started working for me in three days. This patch is taking all of the pain away, I am falling asleep sitting up, and often. How long before this patch makes me not so tired, confused, forgetful, I don't know if I should have this lowered? I have been on it since Dec. 4th. of this month!! Again, Cz I am so glad that your feeling so much better without pain. Been there, felt it too!!~Love, Desi

ali12 12-18-2007 08:42 AM

CZ,
I am so glad that you are getting the pain relief you need and deserve. I hope you continue to have pain free days.
Take care
Love
Merry Christmas and A Happy new year
Alison

Desi,
I am so glad that you too have got some pain relief from the patch. I hope you continue to have pain free days. Maybe you should speak to your doctor about you feeling tired when you take the patch
Take care
merry Christmas and a Happy new year
Love
Alison

Desi 12-19-2007 12:03 AM

Hi Ali! Thanks for the nice reply! Yes, think I may talk to the Dr. why it still is making me tired! I do hope that your feeling much better! How is your arm and hand? still swelled? in pain? I hope you get to feeling better really fast.
Merry Christmas, Happy New year to you, too Sweetie! ~Love ya~Desi

CZZ74 12-30-2007 08:58 AM

UPdate on OPana and thank you !

Dear Desi, Deb and Ali, thanks so much for your good wishes- and miricles or mircles its still working. I hope you do give the lyrica another try- we had tried it once and the dose was too low and i went back to neurotin. But Ihave to say I think it is the combination that is wroking. I am on 80mg of the Opana- a high dose twice a day. Euraka. I dont feel drugged, it is just managing the pain. I thanked God for the relief. My brain feels free to think and feel, I went for my booster infusion three days before Christmas- they gave me a big one to get things under control and I am going again next month and haveing someithg new contament blocks with the ketamine infusions. I dont know what it means so Ill let you know when it it over. But the results have been very good. I am always a guinera pig!! But I dont mine- you never know- this could be what puts this monster in remission. Right now I am jsut so thankful for the refief. Mentally I was breading down- the pain was just too much. Also has everyone read the newly published intractabe pain handbooK? It is wonderful and I am following it to the letter. Let me know if you need the website. Thalnk you again anD Desi I too am so happy the patch isworking for you . I gave it a good try 10 days, nothing. It just workds for some and not others. We are all so individual in this. hugs to alll and wishes for a good day for you all. Happy New Year. I am now at 4 years 7 months with the monster. How long have you all had RSD?CZ

Sandel 12-31-2007 12:32 AM

hi..

Lyrica is helping me quite a bit too but I can't tolerate a very high dose.
I take 75 mg three times a day, any more at a time made me feel drunk like an inner ear drunk.. ick
I am however intolerant of alot of drugs.

ali12 12-31-2007 07:42 AM

Desi,
Sorry for only just replying, I have been busy with Christmas etc.
I am happy to say that my arm is much better, my leg hurts a LOT though. my arm isn't swelled now and the infection looks to have gone although I have got a bit of scar tissue there. My arms hurting a bit today because I have been helping my mom paint my bedroom.
How are you? I really hope that you are OK.
Happy new year to you
love
alison