NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Had the new cast done today and Boy are my leg, hips, back and arms TIRED! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/106192-cast-boy-leg-hips-arms-tired.html)

Pamster 10-20-2009 01:06 PM

Had the new cast done today and Boy are my leg, hips, back and arms TIRED!

WOW!!! I barely made it through the standing marathon that IS a casting session. I stood maybe about fifteen minutes, ten for the setup getting things ready and five actually holding my hip still and waiting for the material to set. It was grueling work to stand still and hold my stump and hip still, but the cast came out awesome! Gone are the days of paster casting. It's awesome stuff, looked like regular knit material that was treated with something that got a little warm and was pretty immobile after five minutes!

We talked at length about the set up he's going with, he wants to see me walk and sit with the new socket he's whipping together now. :D Man I am so excited, I just know this set up is going to work. He's using a locking mechanism instead of a laynard and velcro system to start with, hoping it will be easier for me. It's also going to NOT use the hip joint first, but just the knee and the old pylons we had from the old leg which will as I thought, become my spare leg! He's so cool and has wicked mad skills, I can't wait to see what he fashions up for me for Friday's marathon appt where I will walk for a long stretch as we finese the socket and tweak it so it works well. :D

AWESOME appt today overall! Just HAD to share my excitement! No photos yet, but hopefully I will once I have the C-leg knee unit, my camera is full and I need to buy batteries for it so I can make get things ready for that upcoming appt, which I have yet to make. We need to see how this setup works for me before committing to the c-leg and getting the hip joint, there's a good chance I may NOT need the Helix hip joint. :D

Dmom3005 10-20-2009 01:18 PM

Time for the turtle to dance.

I think you will be dancing soon.

Donna

Pamster 10-20-2009 01:43 PM

THanks Donna! I am sure I will feel like dancing but it will take the c-leg to get me actually doing it I think. LOL!!! I am feeling so good today! Except for the physical fatigue I feel so happy! I just love this guy, he was so good through out the entire process, and was just as excited as I was that the cast came out so good. :D I tell ya the changes they've made in prosthetics is unbelievable! ANd so beneficial to both Prosthetist and Amputee, it's incredible! :D

Mari 10-20-2009 07:40 PM

Dear Pam,
This sounds so great! :D :) :D
I'm so happy to hear that that is working for you.
M.

Pamster 10-20-2009 08:00 PM

I know it's fantastic isn't it Mari? :D I can't wait til Friday! :D :D :D

bizi 10-20-2009 10:21 PM

this is the best news of the day!!!!!!
thank youf or sharing!!!!!!!
yippee it is really happening for you!!!!!!
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Mari 10-20-2009 11:33 PM

Dear Pam,

Keep talking to us.
I like hearing good news. :) :) :) :Excited:

M.

Pamster 10-21-2009 07:52 AM

It's so exciting, I am going to hate this waiting game until Friday, but if I just DO my daily routines it WILL pass and I will get it and walk on it before I know it. Today I have to go in and have an ultrasound, HATE IT, it's the transvaginal one. To check on things, but I have hope its better in there now. :)

Not gonna let any negativity get IN to my head right now, so the heck with it, I'll just manage to get through it and that's all there is to it! :D

waves 10-21-2009 03:03 PM

Wonderful news, Pam

I'm excited for you! :):):)

whoohoooo!!! :p

~ waves ~

Pamster 10-21-2009 05:28 PM

Thanks waves! It's going to be awesome! :D