NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   It's been a long time! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/198166-time.html)

misshayleesmom 12-04-2013 06:14 PM

It's been a long time!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been here.
I've been pretty good...settled in back home..although the spasticity never went away.. in fact it has gotten worse, its now moving up my legs and has now affected my hands.

This summer my middle son left to go to the Royal Canadian Military College, he is an Officer Cadet and is in the Infantry. So proud of him but miss him terribly.

This week I had to go to the clinic since the pain was so bad, the doctor ..who happened to be my old pcp told me that just because your MRI is clear doesn't mean you don't have MS.. he couldn't believe that I haven't been diagnosed yet. He said to follow up and make sure I see a neuro, he also said to see that I get a LP.

So he started me on Baclofen, took my first pill today.. hopefully I don't have too many side effects.

So I see my regular PCP and see what she says.. I'm on a roller-coaster again.

Kitty 12-04-2013 06:33 PM

Nice to see you back again! That's a great picture of your son. I know you're so proud. Our kids are all growing up. Guess that means we're getting older, too. :rolleyes: How's Miss Haylee doing?

I hope you get some answers about whether or not you have MS. I take Baclofen every day.....not sure I could function without it.

Don't be a stranger! :)

misshayleesmom 12-04-2013 06:46 PM

Haylee had a tough year but she's at a new school and doing fantastic.

misshayleesmom 12-04-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1034252)
Nice to see you back again! That's a great picture of your son. I know you're so proud. Our kids are all growing up. Guess that means we're getting older, too. :rolleyes: How's Miss Haylee doing?

I hope you get some answers about whether or not you have MS. I take Baclofen every day.....not sure I could function without it.

Don't be a stranger! :)

So how have you been doing? I see that you've been a lot of pain.. I hope you get some relief.

SallyC 12-04-2013 08:37 PM

Welcome back MHM, nice to see you. Sorry to hear that your symptoms
are ramping up, but so glad that you found your way back home.:hug:

NurseNancy 12-05-2013 03:41 AM

your son is so handsome.
what good fortune that you happened to see your "old" dr.
i hope the new med helps.
good to read your post.

jprinz99 12-05-2013 10:06 AM

Great photo of you son! Glad to hear you are back home at NT, sorry to hear things haven't gotten easier for you (hope the Baclofen helps)

Debbie D 12-05-2013 11:27 AM

Glad to see you around these parts again!

Our children are our special blessings-hope your son enjoys his new career and that your daughter finds her niche in her new school.

I take baclofen-my neuro had to spread the dosage to every couple of hours during the day due to the fact that the pain from spasticity sent me to the ER. It has limited success, but the zanaflex I'd taken before, which worked so much better, made my pulse drop too low.

Hope it works for you and that you can get some definitive dx soon:hug:

jnewk 12-07-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshayleesmom (Post 1034248)
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been here.
I've been pretty good...settled in back home..although the spasticity never went away.. in fact it has gotten worse, its now moving up my legs and has now affected my hands.

This summer my middle son left to go to the Royal Canadian Military College, he is an Officer Cadet and is in the Infantry. So proud of him but miss him terribly.

This week I had to go to the clinic since the pain was so bad, the doctor ..who happened to be my old pcp told me that just because your MRI is clear doesn't mean you don't have MS.. he couldn't believe that I haven't been diagnosed yet. He said to follow up and make sure I see a neuro, he also said to see that I get a LP.

So he started me on Baclofen, took my first pill today.. hopefully I don't have too many side effects.

So I see my regular PCP and see what she says.. I'm on a roller-coaster again.

welcome back! I know the roller coaster well.....just hold on tight. keep us posted!

tkrik 12-07-2013 10:19 PM

Welcome back!

What a handsome son you have. You must be so proud of him.

How is your little one? The one you decorated the room for? I remember the room and you did such a good job on it.

I hope to see you posting more. You have been missed.