NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Buzzing/vibrating feet? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/32214-buzzing-vibrating-feet.html)

fanfaire 11-15-2007 12:32 AM

Buzzing/vibrating feet?

I thought I had read a post about this before, but my fuzzy brain can't remember where. A few days ago, I got a weird new sensation in my left foot. Now it has spread to both feet.

It's very hard to describe. At first, I thought my foot and lower calf were twitching really really fast. But then I looked at them, and you can't see anything happening.

It's like someone took one of those cell phones that's set to vibrate when it rings and is holding against my skin. It even pulses intermittently like a ringing phone. Anyone else ever experienced this kind of buzzing in their extremities?

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy. No, wait, in case I really am crazy, just tell me I'm not imagining this particular symptom. :D

fanfaire
:cool:

darlindeb25 11-15-2007 06:30 AM

Someone keeps calling my feet too. I wish they would stop because for the life of me, I don't know how to answer!:confused: I have the same exact feelings you are describing--a cellphone on vibrate and it will not go to voicemail, just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing..................:eek:. Mine goes in streaks. The last few weeks, I have been having this little spasm up the back of my left leg. It's not really bad, I can't say it doesn't hurt, but it's not very painful--it like "wake's me up" type of thing, you know, "notice me, I'm here!" Sometimes it is very mild, sometimes it is stronger and feels like it starts at my ankle and runs to my knee, that one hurts more, yet I know when it gets to my knee, it's over. I think it's just a nerve glitch.

The vibration is the easy part to deal with though, I would rather have it over pain anyday, I bet you agree!

HeyJoe 11-15-2007 10:26 AM

Deb do you think it would help to put your feet on the do not call list?

Hurty 11-15-2007 10:29 AM

I think the vibrating cell phone is a great descriptor! I get it in my feet and lower legs. The vibrations are extremely fast though. And yes, darlindeb25, I agree wholeheartedly that it is much more preferable than the pain. Although I don't know if that answer would change if the vibrations lasted all day.

I just checked, no one is calling me right now! :D

flsun01 11-15-2007 10:32 AM

Buzzing...

...I think the buzzing sensation is pretty common among pn sufferers. Whether it's a good or bad sign depends I suppose , on where you may be in the degeneration/regeneration phase of it all. I notice more buzzing sensation as I have improved , this being about my sixth month of the malady. At least that's the way it seems for me. To my knowledge and what I have gleaned from others on this board, regeneration starts fairly quickly. I suppose the big mystery is what is going on at the moment? So ,it's another symptom of many that pn presents ,and I suppose if you wanted to know for sure it would be a punch biopsy, but is it worth the trouble ?

MelodyL 11-15-2007 10:57 AM

Fanfaire:

Yeah, we all get the buzzing, (some worse than others). I don't get it at all since I'm on the B-12 Methyl, but when I'm stressed, I get the burning.

And I agree with HeyJoe. The next time your feet feels like a cell phone, just tap your leg, tell it: "you've got the wrong number, I'm putting you on the DO NOT CALL LIST".

Hey, you never know!!! lol

Melody

rose 11-15-2007 12:01 PM

Buzzing happens to many. It can also happen with central nervous system damage. Many have it as nerves degenerate, and some have it as nerve regenerate.

I had it briefly early in my regeneraiton, but not during my decline. Go figure.

rose

mrsD 11-15-2007 01:44 PM

try soaking in epsom salts...

you might be totally amazed at how much better the feet feel!

It is cheap and easy to do for what you get in return!

nide44 11-15-2007 02:02 PM

I used to describe it as bees or flying bugs under my skin.
But its the little gremlin that shoots out from behind the chair-legs
while I'm watching TV, and jabs me with a 5" long ice-pick
a few times, HARD!!.... that really gets 'my goat'.
I've tried swatting with a fly-swatter or a rolled up magazine,
but I can never seem to catch him. :winky::cool::(

HeyJoe 11-15-2007 03:04 PM

that gremlin gets around, i get the same ice pick stabs, actually respond verbally at times spontaneously.