NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Prayer Request (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/35117-prayer-request.html)

KathyM 01-02-2008 11:08 AM

Prayer Request

My closest friend of 30 years is suffering from throat cancer. He's on his third week of radiation treatment, and he's VERY weak and sick. I've been unable to travel out to see him, and I hate to call him because I know it's difficult and painful for him to talk - though he says I can call him anytime.

He lives alone and drives himself to his treatment sessions, but I'm hoping someone will step up and start driving him - wish it could be me, and I wish I could take away his pain. As soon as my husband gets off work today, we'll be heading over to see him and bring some food/supplies.

I'd appreciate any prayers you can offer for my friend. He's very dear to me. :(

Alffe 01-02-2008 11:48 AM

Of course he'll be included in my prayers KathyM. Life is hard...:(

KathyM 01-02-2008 12:04 PM

Thanks ((Alffe))

I've told him he can call me anytime too and just breathe over the phone if it's too painful to speak. If he wants, I'll even tell him what I'm wearing. :D

Curious 01-02-2008 12:24 PM

:hug: added him to my prayers.

Chemar 01-02-2008 02:22 PM

so sorry to hear of this Kathy and I have prayed right now for your friend

:hug:Kathy:hug:

Idealist 01-03-2008 12:14 AM

How sad. I just said a prayer too, Kathy. I hope that the treatments are effective for your friend and he can return to talking painlessly in the future. May God bless you and him both.

shiney sue 01-03-2008 12:27 AM

Kathy he's in my prayers,maybe if they allowd write him loving notes,
my mom use to have the nurse call and breath when I couldn't be there
I felt so close to her. Sue

Darlene 01-03-2008 02:35 AM

Kathy, he is in my prayers.

Darlene
:hug:

clouds z 01-09-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 182418)
My closest friend of 30 years is suffering from throat cancer. He's on his third week of radiation treatment, and he's VERY weak and sick. I've been unable to travel out to see him, and I hate to call him because I know it's difficult and painful for him to talk - though he says I can call him anytime.

He lives alone and drives himself to his treatment sessions, but I'm hoping someone will step up and start driving him - wish it could be me, and I wish I could take away his pain. As soon as my husband gets off work today, we'll be heading over to see him and bring some food/supplies.

I'd appreciate any prayers you can offer for my friend. He's very dear to me. :(

ill pray your friend is healed

on the other board i dont think you are banned -try again there

KathyM 01-09-2008 06:51 AM

Thanks ((Clouds)) He's got 4 more weeks of daily radiation treatments, and he's already so weak from them. He wasn't in good health to begin with, so this is really taking it's toll on him.

I've given up on the other board. I tried on several occasions (just tried again), and it still says I'm "invalid." It was made clear to me before I'm not wanted there, so I have no desire to return. It's obvious I no longer belong there, and I don't go where I don't belong.