NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Depression (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/)
-   -   Diegnosted with deppresssion 8 months ago (https://www.neurotalk.org/depression/15060-diegnosted-deppresssion-8-months-ago.html)

LadyT 03-08-2007 03:03 PM

Diegnosted with deppresssion 8 months ago

I was diegnosted with deppression about 8 months ago . But I still don't understand why I got depressed in the first place .

HopeLivesHere 03-09-2007 12:06 AM

Hello

LadyT,
Hello and welcome. It looks like you may be fairly new to the forum.

I've been here a couple times and people are very nice. If you explain a little more maybe they can be helpful.

My situation is different. I was told I was depressed and I didn't know I was. You were told you are depressed and you don't know why.
It is a strange world. I do hope someone is helping you understand and help you get through this also.

Please feel free to come back and tell us a little more when & if you feel comfortable doing it.

We are patient.....Hope

LadyT 03-09-2007 12:41 PM

Well, I'll give you the short version of what's going on with me . About 2yrs ago my family moved to Ga. I enrolled in school an all was good . About a year aftewr I got there problem starting arising , so I dropped . And as time went by I started crying for no reson .
I don't know anyone here, let alone anyone in a wheelchair, so I feel sort of icealatted .

Julie 03-09-2007 02:04 PM

If you have been diagnosed by a doctor for depression, it would be because of symptoms you have described to the doctor or symptoms you exhibited. Are you taking meds for the depression? How long have you been on them.

Are you in a small town? Sometimes that would make you feel isolated. Are their any community services available where you live so that you might meet other people?

I hope I've helped a little.

Welcome to the forum.

Julie

michael178 03-10-2007 12:21 PM

There often is no answer to why depression happens to a person, just like there is no answer why someone gets MS, or Lou Gerhigs disease or any type of illness. Depression is a biologically based disease, like the others, and it is really no different than any other disease, except that depression affects a person's mental state.

Idealist 03-11-2007 08:54 PM

Hi Lady T!

I'm very glad to meet you. But I'm sorry to hear about your problems with depression. You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out where it came from, but your time would be better spent learning how to deal with it. This is a real physical condition, and not just a temporary state of mind. And it's one of those conditions that have to be managed day by day. I wish you the very best of luck in getting your life under control and finding happiness again.

Idealist