NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What do you do with Grey Hair? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/40084-grey-hair.html)

sugarboo 02-27-2008 07:04 PM

What do you do with Grey Hair?

When you first get a grey hair, what do you do? When one turns to many, then what? Then you get a crop of them in one place, now what?

This is a poll for kicks and laughs! Just before my 40th birthday I found my first grey hair. I plucked it. Over the next year or two, I started getting more, and kept plucking away. Then, I noticed I was getting crops of them and kept plucking. Seemed I could spend an hour a month getting them all :rolleyes:

So now I've gotten to the point where there are all these grey hairs poking up from my head about an inch long here, a few inches long there and hiding them has become impossible. I'm thinking about coloring my hair now.

It's just too funny what we will do to try and hide these inevitable things that happen to us! Share your laugh at will!

KarenMarie 02-27-2008 07:15 PM

My daughter-in-law calls the ones that stand up straight her antennas - I was all white in the front and still dark brunette in the back so am sort of striping the front brunette and white - then not very noticeable roots -

Or I suppose I could wear a hat for the rest of my days -

Gazelle 02-27-2008 07:29 PM

I found my first grey the day I was 28. I wasn't very excited about that. It's been downhill ever since. Since then, I have a lot more, although people tell me they're not too visible.

Nope, don't have any good grey hair stories here! :D

SandyC 02-27-2008 07:38 PM

At the ripe age of almost 42 I am over 90% grey. Yep, it's true. I go to a hairdresser and she colors my hair all one color and then foils highlights in. It helps hide the grey when it creeps back in.

After countless mishaps at home I had to see a professional! My hair has been every color there is.

the Bird 02-27-2008 08:19 PM

And I am in the minority!

I love my gray hairs!!!....and they are finally really starting to show!

No color.... a la natural for me!!!

Debbie D 02-27-2008 08:26 PM

The greys on my head I have highlighted...the others I just pull:rolleyes:

CayoKay 02-27-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Bird (Post 225976)
And I am in the minority!

I love my gray hairs!!!....and they are finally really starting to show!

No color.... a la natural for me!!!

amen.

nature-girl here too.

I *earned* every darn one of 'em, and wear 'em proudly.

:cool:

the Bird 02-27-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CayoKay (Post 225995)
amen.

nature-girl here too.

I *earned* every darn one of 'em, and wear 'em proudly.

:cool:

I can't believe there are two of us on this thread!!! One day about 3 years ago, I was wearing a fuzzy black sweater, I looked down and there was this really beautiful white hair. I was so confused. Whose was it? Then I realized it was mine!! All mine! and I ran and bragged and smiled and acted like an idiot! to the first person I saw! A woman, about my age, who obviously dyes her hair!!! I laughed so hard about it later!

thecatsmeow 02-27-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 225947)
At the ripe age of almost 42 I am over 90% grey. Yep, it's true. I go to a hairdresser and she colors my hair all one color and then foils highlights in. It helps hide the grey when it creeps back in.

After countless mishaps at home I had to see a professional! My hair has been every color there is.

Sandy I am right there with you! 42 and I have my hair colored and then highlighted so as the grey creeps back in it is not as noticable.

Joyce

MSCherokee 02-27-2008 09:12 PM

Another natural girl here.

I found my first white hair at 30, and I turn the big 40 this year. TBH, it really doesn't bother me that much but it bothers my "much younger...by 3 years" DH. :D So far, the only thing I do is pluck the quite obvious ones in front. I don't have that many white hairs...yet. My hair is *very* long, so it's quite funny when DH plucks a white hair that's almost a yard long. :eek: I have yet to ever dye or perm my hair and really can't see it happening in the near future...unless I turn completely gray/white overnight!