NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Yippee! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/27227-yippee.html)

Megan 09-03-2007 05:18 AM

Yippee!

I'm feeling very pleased with myself!!

I've just had my brain MRI and although I am usually notoriously claustrophobic I made it through without needing sedation. I feel immense relief that it is over! Now just hope that it is all okay.

amit 09-03-2007 05:54 AM

Gooooood...

I found that closing eyes and do some meditation during the brain MRI help me not to think about the situation.
Hope with you for good results...

Brian 09-03-2007 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan (Post 143939)
I'm feeling very pleased with myself!!

I've just had my brain MRI and although I am usually notoriously claustrophobic I made it through without needing sedation. I feel immense relief that it is over! Now just hope that it is all okay.

Hi Megan. i can understand your relief, after the first one i had i refused to go in any more without the Valium sedation, the 2nd & 3rd MRI's were still terrible though, even with sedation.
good luck with the results
Brian :)

Kathi49 09-03-2007 06:45 AM

Megan,

That's great! I used to be claustrophobic in those things but I have had so many darn MRI's that I am used to them now. :) I practically fall asleep. But what helped me to get over that feeling was to ask for an eye mask. Because...what you don't see you don't fear. At least that is how I view it. So, with the eye mask, headphones and panic button in hand...I do just fine. Actually, the last one I had...I DID take a little nap. And it doesn't hurt that the new imaging center I go to has newer software. So, instead of the usual 45 minutes...I am now in there for only 25 minutes. Oh, and that's for lumbar and cervical MRI's both.

Dakota 09-03-2007 07:22 PM

Good for you, Megan! I haven't conquered that one yet...

lbrandenburg 09-04-2007 12:22 PM

cool

I debate about which is worse - the MRI or the EMG. But so far the MRI has not reduced me to sweating and tears......
Congratulations for "surfing" your way through!

Silver Swan 09-04-2007 05:04 PM

The EMG

Hi Brandenberg:

I have had two EMGs - the first was mildy irritating but the second one done about three month ago was very painful. Did you find your EMG to hurt a lot? Ever since that latest EMG procedure both of my thighs have been very painful and I am wondering if that EMG caused that. Heating pad and extra strength Tylenol help some but not much. Doctor suggested Lyrica but I can't tolerate anti convulsants.

Shirley H.

MelodyL 09-04-2007 05:15 PM

I can only tell you that the last (and believe me, it will be the only time), I had an emg of my left arm was about 7 years ago.

After the nurse did the cattle prod thing on my left arm, I jumped off the table and threatened her with bodily harm. Yes, little old nice Melody, threatened to kill someone if she came near me again. She just sighed and said "oh, well, some people do find this uncomfortable".

I'd like to see someone pull that on her!!!

Yuck.

Melody

HeyJoe 09-04-2007 05:53 PM

I have had four emg's and did not find them that painful. I would rather have an emg than an enclosed mri any day.

Megan 09-04-2007 06:44 PM

Thanks...... and to Kathy.

Thanks for your responses.

Kathy they offered me an eye mask but I said no as I would have panicked more if I had something over my eyes that I couldn't remove especially once that head 'cage' goes on. I just closed my eyes and didn't dare open them again & just clutched hold of the alert button very firmly. Mine was no more than about twelve minutes so I guess it wasn't too bad.

I think I'd prefer EMG - although it's not wonderful!