NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   O.T. question... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/13296-question.html)

Gromlily 02-12-2007 09:05 PM

O.T. question...

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. Deleting for privacy issues.
Grom

Barb2406 02-13-2007 01:39 AM

:mad: :Ponder: :Sorry: Gromlily,

Just a few thoughts, why don't you put in some calls, emails or both to your state senators,representatives and your govenor. You could always do an interview with your local TV station, plead your case (most TV stations like to pick up stories like this and usually have someone that handles consumer complaints). You also could have a story run in the local paper.
The insurance company should also be told that this is what you are going to do, maybe you won't have to do any of these, if you call and drop a bug in their ears about these different ideas.:icon_evil: Don't let this sound like a threat, but a promise if you don't get action.

It is so unfair that insurance companies,doctors, etc feel they can treat us like we are insignificant. What would your insurance company do if you took your husband to a PM doc? Would they pay?

This is the best I can do, hope it helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HubbyWithRSD 02-13-2007 08:58 AM

Wow - Sorry to hear about all that your going through - Sound like us with our W/C issues...Some hope for you - We did make some progress getting a hearing via our state/area representative. If you haven't yet call them...Someone out there will help you - Most gave us the run around but there was one office that cared....(I wonder what we pay these people for!!??)

Anyways - My thoughts on HMO's - It will be a good day when they are all gone. I had a neighbor here whose little boy fell down on a Friday night - His leg was swollen and he could not walk around on it - he cried for hours - According to the HMO's here she had to "ask permission" to take him to the emergency room. When asked they told her to wait until Monday as he probably just twisted it and he'd be just fine. Well after a long weekend and he still was not walking and cried when ever he put pressure on it (he was 3) she took him to the doctor on that monday and guess what - It was broken! That poor child sat for 3 days with a broken leg!!! I moved shortly after that but I hope she sued the carp out of them....What a horrible thing to have to go through!!!

I have no kind words for HMO's....they are worthless as far as I'm concerned...

Gromlily 02-13-2007 12:30 PM

Thanks Hon!!

I appreciate your suggestion and the story you shared. Thanks again, :hug:

Gromlily ~