NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Scapula popping and grating (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/158108-scapula-popping-grating.html)

hellothere 09-27-2011 07:07 PM

Scapula popping and grating

Evrytime i roll my shoulder back i can here the scpula grate/pop/click against my back, sometimes its painful but it jus makes a real bad noise and feels really loose back there.

Anyone else have more info on this , i feel like a loose bag of bones back there. :(

SD38 09-28-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellothere (Post 809826)
Evrytime i roll my shoulder back i can here the scpula grate/pop/click against my back, sometimes its painful but it jus makes a real bad noise and feels really loose back there.

Anyone else have more info on this , i feel like a loose bag of bones back there. :(

I get this too! The problem is that I tend to get the urge to click my shoulders back to relieve tightness/aches, that then causes it to crunch and crack and then in turn results....... pain.
All I can think is that it involves tight tendons/ligaments that need releasing.

I very recently had first rib excision surgery and while in hospital I forgot myself and over stretched to reach something which resulted in an almighty crack!!!!!!! It sounded like a bone had broken...... then it dawned on me that the bone had been removed in that position.:Doh: I called the nurse who said that it was most probably a tendon that had crossed over something during surgery that was pinging back into its position????? Anyway, initially it hurt but very quickly settled so I guess she was right?

mspennyloafer 09-28-2011 02:17 PM

look up snapping scapula syndrome

i have this

nothingness168 09-29-2011 02:01 PM

I too have had the same problem since falling on my left side almost two years ago. Both my shoulders now also click when I roll them and are sometimes achy. Although I haven't had any loss in functioning, it is still quite annoying. @mspennyloafer, have you found any relief? I cope by trying to stretch as often as I can by hanging onto doors and taking ibuprofen or tylenol.

Anne4tos 09-29-2011 07:46 PM

I've demonstrated my popping, snapping scapula to many Doctors and therapists with ho-hum responses. Since I can get it to snap, crackle and pop with every move, a therapist told me today it was a VERY taut ligament moving over a bone.

It feels much like that and it's the best and only theory I've gotten after 4 years. :rolleyes:

hellothere 09-29-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne4tos (Post 810583)
I've demonstrated my popping, snapping scapula to many Doctors and therapists with ho-hum responses. Since I can get it to snap, crackle and pop with every move, a therapist told me today it was a VERY taut ligament moving over a bone.

It feels much like that and it's the best and only theory I've gotten after 4 years. :rolleyes:

Yea i think thats exactly whats happening to me.. how to get rid of it though? Jus continue streching i suppose?