NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Eye pain! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/59963-eye-pain.html)

erinhermes 11-17-2008 02:37 PM

Eye pain!

Do ya'll have really bad eye pain when your eyes start to go wonky? I cannot figure out why they hurt so much!!

I was on the MS site, and it seems to be par for the course for them, but haven;t noticed any threads on our site regarding it..........

Any input would be appreciated!!!

:hug:ERin:hug:

GI6607 11-17-2008 02:59 PM

Eye Pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 409757)
Do ya'll have really bad eye pain when your eyes start to go wonky? I cannot figure out why they hurt so much!!

I was on the MS site, and it seems to be par for the course for them, but haven;t noticed any threads on our site regarding it..........

I don't have terrible eye pain, but rather an eye "ache". I sleep all night with my right forearm across my left eye.

erinhermes 11-17-2008 03:40 PM

THat is so weird! I have pain in my left eye as well! Weird!!!!!

Hopefully my IV IG will clear it up!!!!

What do your docs say about your eye pain? Do they have any idea why you have it?

THank you!
Erin:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by GI6607 (Post 409773)
I don't have terrible eye pain, but rather an eye "ache". I sleep all night with my right forearm across my left eye.

MissyGirl 11-17-2008 05:10 PM

It's likely a muscle spasm. I occasionally get that, although it's more of an ache. I also get terrible sharp pains due to dry eye, especially at night, because I have trouble closing my lids all the way. That pain will go away with the use of eyewashes, tho.

Take care,

Missy

neutro 11-18-2008 05:05 AM

Hi Erin,
Did you have your eyes checked for glaucoma?
Because steroids can cause the inner eye pressure to rise and that might lead to (apart from severe vision problems, including cecity if not treated) eye pain…
Good luck with your IVIG, I had two series but they never installed a PICC line, just a small needle (I do not know the name) on the back of one hand and it was changed after 3 days…
Maurice.

Alan53 11-18-2008 11:38 AM

eye pain

Hi Erin
Hopefully the pain you were geting in your eyes will have gone away by now :confused:Ive found that the muscles that control the eye become weak and can ache but mine have never been realy painful good luck with what your going thro
thinking of you Alan:hug:

Scots Kat 11-19-2008 05:36 PM

Hi Erin,
Hope al is well. I don't really get any eye pain now, but when I was younger I used to get a lot of pain in my right temple. My doctors always linked it with my double vision - which I've had since birth (or as long as I can remember). I guess it was the difficulty focussing or something. I've been lucky lately though - my vision seems a lot better. Interestingly my dad (who was diagnosed with MS last year) has just experienced his first double vision. He couldn't believe what I've been living with!
Take care!
~Kathy

spelbound 12-01-2008 02:02 PM

When you guys say eye pain what exactly do you mean? We talking about aching, throbbing, or the stinging kind of pain when your tears burn your eyes?

Scots Kat 12-01-2008 05:10 PM

Hi Spelbound,
I can't speak for the others, but my pain was always like a dull ache which at it's worst throbbed in my right temple. No stinging or watery eyes for me.
~Kathy

Quote:

Originally Posted by spelbound (Post 417844)
When you guys say eye pain what exactly do you mean? We talking about aching, throbbing, or the stinging kind of pain when your tears burn your eyes?

nancylee 12-06-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 409757)

Hi Erin,

I have some strange issues, also w/ my left eye, but not really pain. More like an ache, or discomfort. I hope you are doing well. Things w/ me-not so much, but I will post an update. I wish you improved health & peace!

Nancy Lee