NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Anxiety and OCD (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/)
-   -   How did you know you had an anxiety disorder (if you have one)? (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/67142-anxiety-disorder.html)

Buffheart 12-22-2008 02:32 AM

How did you know you had an anxiety disorder (if you have one)?

The doctors told me about mine. I didn't notice any anxiety, so I was surprised.

However, after 2 years, it is gone

simplegirl 05-27-2009 12:53 AM

i learned that i have anxiety from our family doctor.from then on i researched in books,internet etc.and last few months ago i was diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia by a shrink

Frankie 08-25-2009 05:02 PM

I started to get really bad panic attacks, n finally went to a counceller, n she told me "panic disorder with acute agoraphobia"...

eponabri 08-26-2009 12:46 AM

I found out after I went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. The ER doctor explained to me what was happening and why it sometimes feels like a heart attack. The second time I had one, I called 911 and the operator there talked me through it. After that I talked to my doctor about it. I didn't go on meds for it until after my daughter died and the anxiety got worse.

Dmom3005 08-27-2009 12:28 AM

I figured it out when I was dealing with my kids issues. And had to stop and take deep breaths to calm down. But there came a time that nothing slowed down my heart, and I just couldn't stop getting more and more upset.

Donna:hug:

billie 08-27-2009 02:37 AM

It was obvious

Nobody had to tell me. As a child, I worried constantly and had tics. Thankfully, the latter disappeared. As an adult I worry constantly and have tremors, which escalate along with the tremors. During what I would call my few "panic attacks" I showed up at the ER with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth in a hard spasm and feeling very . . .well . . .anxious. Hard to vocalize what your problem is in that condition!

(Broken Wings) 08-30-2009 08:54 AM

Welcome

It's good it went away. Hope it never rear its ulgy head.

Peace

RhiannonsMoon 11-14-2009 04:14 AM

I hadn't left the house for 12 months & had a panic attack when I had to leave the house to go somewhere. Thought it was time to tell the dr

Rhiannon

momtogrif 11-16-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billie (Post 559478)
Nobody had to tell me. As a child, I worried constantly and had tics. Thankfully, the latter disappeared. As an adult I worry constantly and have tremors, which escalate along with the tremors. During what I would call my few "panic attacks" I showed up at the ER with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth in a hard spasm and feeling very . . .well . . .anxious. Hard to vocalize what your problem is in that condition!

So, when did your tics disappear Biilie? My son has tics and has anxiety and I wonder if his tics will ever disappear or if he'll have them in the future.