NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Good bye for now from Mark in Idaho (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/193457-bye-mark-idaho.html)

Mark in Idaho 08-29-2013 03:47 PM

Good bye for now from Mark in Idaho

My wife and I are moving this weekend. We will not have access to broadband until the phone company upgrades their equipment to handle more customers at our mountain location. Our internet will be old-school dial-up with NetZero. This will mean much less opportunity to be online.

I will be checking in from the town library and when I am visiting my mother-in-law about every other week. Either way, access will be haphazard.

I'll miss being able to see how everybody is doing.

We are moving away from the intensity of suburban living and living next to a disturbed man who likes to cause trouble. Hopefully, the life in the mountains will be good for both of us. Going from Central Air to a wood stove will be a big change. I will have lots of work to do maintaining a mountain cabin.

With the stressful past few months of preparing to move, I can whole heartedly reconfirm the negative impact stress has on PCS. I hope you all can support each others need to lower stress in your lives.

My best to you all.

"Starr" 08-29-2013 05:07 PM

Good luck Mark! I hope the move is a good one, once the stress of the actual move is over. Enjoy the quiet beauty of the mountains and the honest work of maintaining the mountain cabin!

Your input and support around here will be missed.

My best to you and your wife!
Starr

Concussion 08-29-2013 05:22 PM

Best of Luck , Mark.

Hope you get access to a good internet package.

If you believe Hugesnet, they say their satelite is good.....

Best Wishes.... :grouphug:

berkeleybrain 08-29-2013 06:01 PM

I wish you the best in your move!

Your wisdom, grace and guidance have been such a comfort to me and others--I hope you find the peace and solace you need.

Here's to new memories and new home!

EsthersDoll 08-29-2013 06:07 PM

I wish you and your family all the best in your move!! :hug:

Bas19 08-29-2013 08:06 PM

Good luck Mark!! All the best

hopefulmom 08-29-2013 08:15 PM

The very best to you and your wife in these next few weeks of moving. I hope your grandkids will be closer. You have always been a HUGE source of wisdom on this blog and a positive voice for the PCSers to hear.

Our best,

greenfrog 08-29-2013 08:53 PM

You're a good man, Mark. Thanks for all of your help and encouragement. I have no doubt that many others feel the same way. Good luck and I hope you find a way to check in periodically. Among other things, we'll miss your knowledge, compassion, curiosity, and (yes) sense of humour. "My best to you."

Mokey 08-30-2013 12:13 AM

I echo what the others say, Your mountain home sounds like my dream come true. It should be peaceful!
Good luck with the move. I will miss your wisdom and 100% nom-judgemental advice. Looking forward to reading your words again soon.
M

MsRriO 08-30-2013 12:18 AM

Ditto to what everyone else said! Your commitment to everyone here is admirable. You'll be missed. Hope to see you back soon. :hug: