NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   So Depressed (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/13612-depressed.html)

befuddled2 02-16-2007 05:12 PM

So Depressed

My trash is piling up in my house and I just don't feel up to even getting dressed to take it to the dumpster. Pretty sad, isn't it? All I want to do is lay down and sleep but I can't. I just can't function in a world so cruel.

befuddled2

Curious 02-16-2007 06:33 PM

:hug: oh sweety, i am sorry people have been cruel to you. :(

baby steps. don't worry about cleaning it all up and gettng the trash to the dumpster. just get a few things in the trash.

i hope you are getting some rest. :hug:

colombiangirl1 02-16-2007 07:29 PM

befuddled-

hey. just wanted you to know that i understand. have been there. i have schizoaffective disorder which is bipolar and schizophrenia combined. didn't know if you had read that about me. when is your next dr's appt. ? maybe you can mention the depression. are you on any anti-depressants? if you aren't going to see your doc for awhile, may i suggest that you keep a journal of how long these depression episodes last, and any other details you think may be of some help in your treatment. do you have a therapist as well as a psych doc? i do now, but my first appts with them are not for 3 more days with my psych., and not for a couple of weeks with my therapist. first time on going to therapy. i have alot of issues to work thru. can't wait to meet him. my psych i met in the hospital recently. he was excellent and won my business. as for the therapist, i was supposed to meet with him on valentine's day, but i had to reschedule due to some dumb complications with getting the money to pay for the visit upfront. anyway, write me back and let me know how you are doing. hope i was of some help.:hug: -Cgirl-

befuddled2 02-16-2007 08:01 PM

Thanks you Two,

I feel somewhat better now. I had an appointment with my counselor today but slept through it and never made it.

Cgirl, that is a great idea about the the artistic forum was it?

befuddled2

Mari 02-16-2007 11:43 PM

Dear Befuddled, :hug:
Can you find things that you like to do -- things that feed your soul?

When I was younger I used to make yeast bread. Going through the steps carefully and watching it rise, and expertly kneading the dough, and then smelling it cooking was therapeutic for me. Sometimes I didn't even eat it, I gave it away. The cooking made me feel better.

For some people it is music......

The absolute best thing for me now is
:icon_arrow: getting enough sleep
:icon_arrow: eating healthful foods (no junk)
:icon_arrow: excerise
These three things work for me.
They are hard to do every day. But when I make progress on them, I also make progress on my depression.

But other things can work too -- like a small accomplishment like clearing out a kitchen drawer or a closet shelf. Or catching up on mending......

Doing artwork.
Meditation.

Keeping a journal.

Walking the neighbor's dog.

I don't know. Find what feeds your soul.

Just a suggestion.
Also, you can push the pdoc to work harder on the meds.

Mari