NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Graduation & Home at last (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/45417-graduation-home.html)

yeahbut 05-10-2008 07:15 PM

Graduation & Home at last

Jamie's Graduation went great!! There were 150+ grads and of course being Radiology she was at the end!! It was ok, it went by pretty fast, the speakers only spoke a few minutes a piece. I think it was over in hour & half. No bad.... She has grown up and changed so much over the last two years. I am so very proud of her..... it is great to have her instuctors come up to me and tell what a pleasure it was to have her in class, what a wonderful woman she is and how I did such a great job raising her. That is a wonderful feeling for a parent!

Then we went for dinner and up again today for her Senior Banquet. After the 2 hour ride home I finally pulled into the drive around 6:00.

Very tired and my left leg is causing me pain for some reason...:confused: usually my sx are on my right side:confused:

oh well, gonna hit the bed soon, rest tomorrow and the only thing I have going next weekend is meeting Riverwild at the Tower on Friday afternoon.

Friend2U 05-10-2008 07:19 PM

Woo Hoo!

Congrats on your daughter...what an accomplishment! You have reason to be very proud!!!:)

Now, rest and take care of yourself!!! :hug: Hope you leg gets better soon!

AfterMyNap 05-10-2008 07:22 PM

Well, Char, that is a monumental event for both of you. In case you ever wonder, it meant the world to me that my parents came across the state to see me get my degree. Be proud not only of Jamie, but of yourself for being a great mom!:hug:

SandyC 05-10-2008 07:32 PM

Congrats to your daughter and to her loving parents for raising her. I know you must have been proud. I get to do it in 1.5 years for Chris. I know I'll be a blubbering mom.

Now rest and take care of you.

misshayleesmom 05-10-2008 07:44 PM

Congrats,

You should be proud!

SallyC 05-10-2008 07:46 PM

Yippee...Congrats to you both..:)

Taffy 05-10-2008 07:48 PM

Congrats! She on her way! (to talking care of you when you are old!)

yeahbut 05-10-2008 08:25 PM

That was graduation from the college - she has two months until she graduates from the Radiology School but Monday she has an interview for a postition at the hospital close by to start in July. That is how much there is a demand for x-ray techs - she has an interview 2 months before she even gets her certificate.

FlyFishin Momma 05-10-2008 08:33 PM

Glad you were up to going Char....and give Jamie a high 5 for me..

Just think...next time you need an MRI maybe she can do it for ya?????
sweet huh?

Rest up now.....

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-10-2008 09:08 PM

Congratulations to Jamie, Char and to YOU! I am glad you had a good time and that she is almost done with her classes. I hope the interview goes well and she lands the job!

Have a good relaxing week, sounds like you need it!