NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Are you tired of all of the PINK products? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/52731-tired-pink-products.html)

Dejibo 08-23-2008 06:56 AM

Are you tired of all of the PINK products?

I dont know about you, but I am tired of all of the pink products. the pink vacuums, and the pink mixers, and the pink socks, and the pink shoes, and water bottles.

I have survived breast cancer, and I am grateful that so much fund raising is being done, but I am DROWNING in pink products! I dont need a pink purse, or a pink vacuum, or a pink iron, to match my pink ironing board.

Cant they just give the money without forcing all of us to march around in pink?

AfterMyNap 08-23-2008 07:26 AM

Um, Dej, have you been shopping at those Claire's stores too much?

The pink stuff doesn't bother me, I don't see it that often. My guess is that there must be quite a market for the stuff if so many companies are enjoying the tax advantages. ;)

sassy 08-23-2008 07:27 AM

I didn't vote, neither one fit my feelings.

I say if you don't like pink don't buy pink items.

Gazelle 08-23-2008 07:30 AM

I've never been a Pink kinda gal. I was the one girl with all the boys--playing football, baseball, riding bike, etc. You're lucky if you find me with pink.

But that doesn't mean that I don't support the cause.

weegot5kiz 08-23-2008 10:19 AM

needed one more choice there for' huh what pink things'

braingonebad 08-23-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazelle (Post 352886)
I've never been a Pink kinda gal. I was the one girl with all the boys--playing football, baseball, riding bike, etc. You're lucky if you find me with pink.

But that doesn't mean that I don't support the cause.

*nodding head emphatically*

I am so with you!

I see all the pink stuff and think "I'd buy that if it weren't pink." UGH....

Drives me buggy just seeing it everywhere.

If they wanted to raise money, they should've made it out of chocolate and put a pic of Johhny Depp on it.

:)

Curious 08-23-2008 10:39 AM

options don't fit me.

i have bought many pink items in support. i try and be picky. i make sure the company really does donate.

like buying the bc stamps and postcards. magnets. my house colors are not pink. so a pink mixer..pretty, but would look odd.

it awareness.

the parkinsons members are pushing really hard for their tulip design. if enough people sign the stamp petition, they will raise so much for pd research. ( which bte, there is a thread on cff that many of you have gone to and signed. :grouphug:)

if you are buying a product anyway and it will help...i say go for it. let the big business donate.

SallyC 08-23-2008 08:23 PM

I'm with you on the PINK already..:p, but it's a symbol that bring my attenion to the right thing, so, I'll puke and bear it..:o

When we first moved into this house, many years ago...the bathroom was bright pink!!!! Paaaleeeese..:eek: I painted it cream color the next day and pulled all the pink curtains and valances down...lol.

My DD was "Pretty in Pink" for her junior Prom but NOT my bathroom.;)

dmplaura 08-24-2008 12:54 AM

I'm a tomboy as well! Never been a fan of pink. I do confess to owning some pink socks and underwear however :)

Erin524 08-24-2008 01:32 AM

My parents bought pink lawn tools (trimmer, shove, little rake, and a pruning tool) in the hopes that they wouldnt get stolen out of the garage like all of our other stuff.

Plus, they were like, 75% off at the grocery store. Cheaper than going up to WalMart and buying a piece of junk that's going to either break or get stolen.

There's too much pink. I have a ton of pink yarn that I bought, that I'm going to ship to my sister, since she could knit stuff for her kids (they like pink)