NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Let's pray for Oklahoma City (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/188800-pray-oklahoma-city.html)

Wren 05-20-2013 04:49 PM

Let's pray for Oklahoma City

Goofy, lives there. It's been hammered by a terrible tornado.
I hope we hear from her soon.:grouphug:

ginnie 05-20-2013 06:01 PM

Hi Wren

Yes I will pray for those folks in Oklahoma. Just saw the pictures. My home state is Missouri, and I felt for the people of Joplin the same way. God bless all those involved with rescue. ginnie

Lara 05-20-2013 07:58 PM

It all looks really shocking.

I also hope Goofy and her family and friends there are alright. The weather news I just watched an hour or so ago from NBC showed some really weird weather patterns right across the USA. Sounds as if there's more tornadoes on the way.

Keep safe everyone.

tamiloo 05-20-2013 11:53 PM

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ugs/hugs23.gif

FeelinGoofy 05-21-2013 12:16 AM

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts..... Moore, got hit bad today....2 elementary schools leveled and they were full of children :( there is a whole classroom un accounted for and presumed dead.... so sad. the devestation is just unbelieveable.
Yesterday the tornado missed us by 3 miles and the one today by 7 miles. my guardian angel was working overtime. :) {{{HUGS}}}}

Lara 05-21-2013 12:22 AM

:hug: Thanks for letting us know you're alright. Worried about you.

Wren 05-21-2013 06:03 AM

((( Goofy ))) :hug:

FeelinGoofy 05-21-2013 10:05 AM

i hope you dont mind me just talking for a little bit.... this has hit to close to home. i lived in moore in a trailer park that was demolished by this tornado.....
I have several friends who has lost everything. i taught school in Moore for 11 years before Scott was born. I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around all this....

the images you see on the news is nothing compared to seeing it up close. there are whole neighborhoods reduced to toothpick size piles.... They are still looking for survivors.

i went this morning to check on my moms house as Scott is in Tennessee and wans't there, and you have to drive right through the worse hit area. i cried the whole way there and the whole way back....

i dont have the words to describe my feelings right now. I wish there was something i could do to help, but for now all we can do is pray. as i'm typing this there is another storm headed for this exact same area.... no tornadoes but a lot of rain. sigh...

:Sob:

ginnie 05-21-2013 10:20 AM

Dear Lara

Hi Lara, you don't have to live in Oklahoma to cry over this storm. I felt awful watching it on TV. I feel so sorry for all the survivors, and grieve the loss of life. I live in a hurricane zone, I have seen devistation in Holmstead florida like that. It always is sad. Please stay safe, and evcuate if you must. Lots of my neighbors are praying for your area too. ginnie:hug::grouphug::(

Alffe 05-21-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy (Post 985349)
i hope you dont mind me just talking for a little bit.... this has hit to close to home. i lived in moore in a trailer park that was demolished by this tornado.....
I have several friends who has lost everything. i taught school in Moore for 11 years before Scott was born. I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around all this....

the images you see on the news is nothing compared to seeing it up close. there are whole neighborhoods reduced to toothpick size piles.... They are still looking for survivors.

i went this morning to check on my moms house as Scott is in Tennessee and wans't there, and you have to drive right through the worse hit area. i cried the whole way there and the whole way back....

i dont have the words to describe my feelings right now. I wish there was something i could do to help, but for now all we can do is pray. as i'm typing this there is another storm headed for this exact same area.... no tornadoes but a lot of rain. sigh...

:Sob:

I can't even fathom the magnitude of that tornado...that should be plural.
I'm so sorry Goofy....and I wouldn't sleep a wink. :hug: