NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSDI Approval (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/156225-ssdi-approval.html)

roadrunner63 08-29-2011 08:53 PM

SSDI Approval

I have participated on the Traumatic Brain Injury section of these forums for over a year. I read many posts in this section. I had a car wreck in April 2010. At the suggestion of doctor I applied for disability mid-June 2011. I received my approval letter in the mail today. It literally took me 40+ hours to fill out my application. I was very thorough. My doctors were the ones who suggested I apply for SSDI.

Thanks to everyone here. If I had not read so much my application probably wouldn't have been completed in a way that it would go through first time.

Janke 08-29-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner63 (Post 800455)
I have participated on the Traumatic Brain Injury section of these forums for over a year. I read many posts in this section. I had a car wreck in April 2010. At the suggestion of doctor I applied for disability mid-June 2011. I received my approval letter in the mail today. It literally took me 40+ hours to fill out my application. I was very thorough. My doctors were the ones who suggested I apply for SSDI.

Thanks to everyone here. If I had not read so much my application probably wouldn't have been completed in a way that it would go through first time.

Thoroughness is always helpful. It's too bad we can't read the disability reports completed by other posters here to see whether or not they were thorough (all medical sources with full addresses and dates) or just assumed that SSA would figure it out.

roadrunner63 08-30-2011 07:20 AM

I also included a very detailed description of how my disability affected my work.

bdh1 08-31-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner63 (Post 800455)

Are you receiving monthly benefits or a closed end back pay award?

roadrunner63 09-01-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptcs (Post 801064)
Are you receiving monthly benefits or a closed end back pay award?

Monthly benefits and back pay.

finz 09-05-2011 08:36 PM

Congrads RR !