NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Got a new scooter- in the best blessing in a while... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/112122-scooter-blessing.html)

Earl 01-11-2010 11:43 AM

Got a new scooter- in the best blessing in a while...

3 Attachment(s)
SO... in about a week and a half, is my favorite week of the year. AUCTION WEEK.... Auction week you say? Yes, auction week. It is the week in Phoenix where four major classic car auction companies sell their cars. Barrett-Jackson is the biggest one, it's a week long, cars sell for million's of dollars (even in this economy). The other three are 3 days long, anyway, I love going to them. I really enjoy it, can you tell?

So, with the auctions upcoming, I needed a scooter to get around them. I don't have one and was stressing...SO, the story goes.....

I called the MS Society to ask them if they can help pay for a scooter rental. It cost's $175.00 for a week rental. I have only used financial assistance once in 15 years, so I figures they could help out. When I called they said sure, but the day prior they had a lady call up to DONATE a used scooter. I got her number and we met up and she GAVE me a travel scooter (amigo) for FREE!!>>WOW I am excited. Now I can go to the auctions and have fun riding around the midst of movie stars and will report back to you good folks. Here are some pic's of my new scooter, it folds up real nice to fit in my trunk.

gonnamakeit 01-11-2010 12:08 PM

A free scooter can't be beat! Hope you enjoy your travels.

gmi

SallyC 01-11-2010 12:27 PM

WOW, Neato, I like it and free is good. :)

SandyC 01-11-2010 12:40 PM

Free is always good and that's a steal Earl!!! So happy for you.

Erin524 01-11-2010 01:44 PM

get any speeding tickets in that yet?? It looks faster than the one my mom uses. Looks a lot lighter too, wonder if it's easier to load up into a car than the Pride Victory scooters.

Kitt 01-11-2010 02:25 PM

Earl's looks like it would be much, much easier to load than a Pride Victory or Pride Legend scooter. The heaviest part of a Pride Victory is 54 lbs. and the heaviest part of the Legend is 61 lbs. when taken apart to load. The batteries alone weigh 24.5 lbs. each and there are two of them on the Legend.

I have a Pride Legend and wouldn't think of taking it apart as I surely could not load it. It would be hard to load for my husband as well; not impossible for him but hard. I can load it (not taken apart) in my SUV. The Legend is very nice, top of the line, and great for grass, pavement, etc. But the Amigo Earl acquired looks very easy to use for travel. It folds up quite nicely. The only thing I would want on the Amigo is arm rests. That's nice. I know they make many models and some do have arm rests and different seats. Not sure how comfortable the seat is on Earl's Amigo, but hey, if it works, it works. And it's free :)

Wish I had an Amigo for easy loading and travel.

Dejibo 01-11-2010 02:54 PM

congratulations! thats awesome! :hug:

Earl 01-13-2010 10:38 PM

Thanks everyone, I am taking my scooter out tomorrow for it's first neighborhood tour. One of the things I am looking forward to most is being able to walk with Morgan again.

So, anyone have a name for my scooter? Cin, what's the name of yours?

SallyC 01-13-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 610269)
Thanks everyone, I am taking my scooter out tomorrow for it's first neighborhood tour. One of the things I am looking forward to most is being able to walk with Morgan again.

So, anyone have a name for my scooter? Cin, what's the name of yours?

Mine is named MUD, right now..:mad: