NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   My feet are at war. (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/180797-feet-war.html)

Stacy2012 12-09-2012 12:30 AM

My feet are at war.

Um..so ya. My left foot is freezing cold. To look at it, it is white and to feel it cold.

My right foot is flaming hot. Red to look at and touch it and it has a fever.

I have one sock on and one sock off.

This is new for me.

Steven N 12-09-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy2012 (Post 938016)
Um..so ya. My left foot is freezing cold. To look at it, it is white and to feel it cold.

My right foot is flaming hot. Red to look at and touch it and it has a fever.

I have one sock on and one sock off.

This is new for me.

Have you tried massaging magnesium lotion into your feet? I do that every night after soaking in Epsom salt, and while the symptoms haven't disappeared yet, sleep becomes possible.

Stacy2012 12-09-2012 10:38 PM

I have not yet been able to get the mag lotion, wish I could buy it local instead of having to order online.

But I do take epsom salt baths and that helps.

Just bizarre when they are doing different things

DawnD 12-10-2012 09:07 PM

Both of my feet are ice cold to the touch but they feel like they are on fire. <sigh> I cant even put on socks anymore. Just the thought of having to wear shoes to a Holiday get together is making me nervous.

Stacy2012 12-11-2012 12:09 AM

Oh Dawn I know what you mean about having to wear holiday shoes. :(

Ive never fretted before over my feet like this. It's always in my head, what shoes will I wear, can I get them off if I have a burning episode, it's so scary sometimes. Sound stupid but it is scary. I wore dress boots out and was fine as long as my feet dont get over heated, but if they do, I cant keep them on. What do I do, throw away all my winter shoes?

so depressing.

DawnD 12-11-2012 05:55 AM

Hi Stacy,

I am still wearing flip flops to work its Winter time here. I just cant bring myself to put socks on. I guess when I see snow I will put the socks on. I was on my way out of the Dr's office the other day and a woman said to me you are so lucky to still be able to wear flip flops, I just smiled :)

Stacy2012 12-11-2012 08:30 AM

oh wow! I gotta say I cant wear flip flops, mine turn ice cold for awhile then at any given moment can "thaw" out and turn bloody hot. But that thaw feeling is awful. And there are moments when they are so frozen it feels like ice burn. So no way can I wear flip flops. But I never know when its gonna turn from hot to cold.

People without this can never even IMAGINE what we are talking about.

DawnD 12-11-2012 02:46 PM

Stacy thats it !!!! Ice Burn !!! My feet are either cold to the touch or they feel normal. They dont get red or hot...they just feel like they are burning or have a fever :)

hopeful 12-11-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnD (Post 938553)
Hi Stacy,

I am still wearing flip flops to work its Winter time here. I just cant bring myself to put socks on. I guess when I see snow I will put the socks on. I was on my way out of the Dr's office the other day and a woman said to me you are so lucky to still be able to wear flip flops, I just smiled :)

Hi Dawn,
I always wish I could wear flip flops all year round! I have a hard timed with sneakers. I think it is because they are tied and the sweat socks. When my SFN started I could not go without socks. I brought so many slipper socks. Now I don't want them on. The ribs on the bottom of them make me crazy. Who knows what will happen next!
hopeful:)

hopeful 12-11-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnD (Post 938553)
Hi Stacy,

Hi Dawn,
I wish I could wear flip flops all year around but I can't stand when my feet get cold. I do however, live in flip flops all summer. I have a hard time with sneakers. I think it is the fact that they tie. Also wearing sweat socks. When my SFN started I couldn't go without something on my feet. I brought so many pair of slipper socks. Then I found my feet could not tolerate the ribs or even the fuz on the bottom of them. I agree with both you and Stacy, I describe my neuropathy as being out in snow and getting it in your boots. When you come in the house and your feet start to defrost and you get that burning feeling.
:)