NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Other Auto-Immune Conditions In Addition To MS? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/82035-auto-immune-conditions-addition-ms.html)

Kitty 03-21-2009 09:35 AM

Other Auto-Immune Conditions In Addition To MS?

Who's got other auto-immune conditions in addition to MS? Are we more prone to have other AI conditions because we have MS? I read an article on this and it sparked my curiosity.

I have hypothyrodism and take medication for that. I've had very mild psoriasis but haven't had a flare up of it in a long time. Usually it's on the palm of my hand only.

Anyone else have other AI conditions besides MS?

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-21-2009 10:54 AM

I have Reynaud's. I have no idea whether PwMS have a higher percentage of incidence.

I have B-12 Deficiency. I think I read somewhere, and I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, that PwMS do have a higher incidence of B-12 deficiency.

I was recently dx'd with CRPS. There are a couple of studies out there that suggest that PwMS have a higher percentage of being dx'd with it than P w/o MS. That was in one of the CoHort studies I read - it was a small study.

gonnamakeit 03-21-2009 11:54 AM

I have rosacea and sometimes eczema.

gmi

SallyC 03-21-2009 06:48 PM

Just Psoriasis like you Kelly...Mild and mostly on the palms of my hands.

But I blame every ache and pain I have on MS...Just on account 0 cause..:D

AZjanie 03-21-2009 09:22 PM

But I blame every ache and pain I have on MS...Just on account 0 cause..:D[/quote]

OOH me too Sally; it makes such a great excuse!! It really does come in handy once in a while! Whoops; I forgot... it's the MS you know.... :rolleyes:

I have skin issues too. It's really sensitive and my face turns red but the Dermatologist says it's not rosacea.

The MS also caused me to be a short, fat brunette instead of a tall, busty blonde too so there!! :p

dmplaura 03-21-2009 09:44 PM

Nope, not to my knowledge at least. I do get eczema at the beginning of the summer each year, but it's ONLY at that time of the year (oddly, I survive through brutally harsh winters without incident) and it only lasts 3 weeks to a month, and is very mild.

My big issues are headaches/migraine/head pains. Have plagued me almost my entire life.

doydie 03-21-2009 11:22 PM

Yep, MS and psoriasis for me. But every female member that is blood related to my Mom has at least one immune disorder.

Dejibo 03-22-2009 07:33 AM

I have eczema, sjoghrens, arthritis, and anxiety. Wasnt MS enough? :mad:

FinLady 03-22-2009 08:40 AM

They are still up in the air about it, but they are beginning to think endometriosis is an auto immune disease. If that's the case, then I have two so far.

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-22-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 484868)
I have eczema, sjoghrens, arthritis, and anxiety. Wasnt MS enough? :mad:

You'd think so wouldn't you! :hug: