NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   new and concerned (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/205501-concerned.html)

LouisB 06-11-2014 12:34 AM

new and concerned

Well hello from sunny South Africa
as you can gather i am new here and i feel lost, in more ways than one.

I went in on saturday June 7 for a sinus lift, full upper extraction, partial lower extraction and some gum rebuild.

life at this stage is not pleasant at all. My throat is so sore i'm almost in tears.
my immediate dentures feel so strange (as expected) and my lower partials dont fit at all.

eating consists of oats for breakfast and mash for dinner..
on the good side, i have lost 5kg's already... lol

i suppose the reason i am here is to get some reassurance that all will be ok. i am feeling very sorry for myself right now, which is not like me.
if anyone can offer advice or tips, or even just some words of encouragement i would appreciate it.

thanks all
Louis

Kitt 06-11-2014 08:34 AM

Welcome LouisB. :welcome_sign:

Someone will be along to help.

Lara 06-11-2014 02:02 PM

Hello Louis,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

Here is the link to our Dentistry and Dental Issues Forum

Ouch.
You've had a lot of work done in a short time.
I think it's understandable that you'd be feeling pain and uncomfortable right now but I
hope you're feeling better fast.

Darlene 06-12-2014 12:44 AM

Nice to meet you!!

Louis,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will find a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug:

Living_Dazed 06-12-2014 01:06 AM

Louis,

What you have been through sounds so difficult. Make sure you try hard to get fluids down so you don't become dehydrated.

Sounds like you're in the beginning of your recovery. Those first few days or more challenge our positives spirit. Pain and discomfort make everything worse. Hopefully as each day passes you will begin to feel less and less pain.

I have never heard of a sinus lift. I shall have to look that up.

I'm glad you chose this site to join. There are amazing people here with huge hearts to educated you or just listen and comfort you.

I live near the south end of Lake Michigan in the USA. It's a beautiful lake but Lake Superior is my favorite. It's turquoise blue waters and history mesmerize me. I've never been to South Africa. Would love to know any details if you ever feel like sharing.

Peace and wellness,

Jace