NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   Prior concussions and debilitating headaches (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/162374-prior-concussions-debilitating-headaches.html)

Thuie1313 12-22-2011 08:07 PM

Prior concussions and debilitating headaches

I've had 4 concussions, two of which were very severe, one causing amnesia & loss of time. After each concussion I was diagnosed with PCS. My headaches never went away & now 9 years after my last head injury the headaches are so severe I don't have words to describe the pain. At times it's my entire head that hurts & other times it's only on my right side from my eye back encompassing the entire right side of my head. Stress can be a trigger but at times the headaches occur seemingly at random & can last a day or more. I have no insurance so doctors & tests are an issue. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?? I'm desperate.

Dr. Smith 12-23-2011 12:24 AM

Welcome Thuie,

We have a special forum here for Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome. In addition to the members/readers there, there are some Sticky threads at the top of that group (and this one) with many helpful sites and other information.

The folks on the PCS forum can relate to your symptoms even better than here. We all know how difficult just being online can be with a headache; sometimes just minutes at a time (if at all).

Best Wishes,

Doc

Thuie1313 12-23-2011 01:15 AM

Thanks, I just posted under that topic.

tthompson167 02-26-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thuie1313 (Post 834761)
I've had 4 concussions, two of which were very severe, one causing amnesia & loss of time. After each concussion I was diagnosed with PCS. My headaches never went away & now 9 years after my last head injury the headaches are so severe I don't have words to describe the pain. At times it's my entire head that hurts & other times it's only on my right side from my eye back encompassing the entire right side of my head. Stress can be a trigger but at times the headaches occur seemingly at random & can last a day or more. I have no insurance so doctors & tests are an issue. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?? I'm desperate.

I have had 6 concussions with playing soccer last one was sept 2010 and I am have headaches everyday still. My feel like there in my eyes and my forehead. I get sharp pains in the back of my head and the shoot up to the front. sometimes they so last for a day or so. Anything can really trigger mine like smells, a lot of people , stress, pretty much anything. I usually take naps a lot to help sometimes it does and a lot of the time it doesn't. I know how you feel.