NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Glad to be connected (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/30715-glad-connected.html)

Jappy 10-24-2007 10:18 AM

Glad to be connected

Happy I was referred to this site. Hope to talk to all and be able to let my true feelings known. Besides my health problems I lost my husband a year ago and that has really added to my moods. We were married 45 years. He helped me with everything that I needed without a complaint. Now it is hard to get a lot of things done by myself. I have two grown children, one lives in Kentucky and the other has her own business and is very involved. They help a lot when they can. But miss the partner that is always there when needed. I guess everyone has heard enough of my problems. Hoping to talk again. Joyce

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-24-2007 11:05 AM

Welcome Joyce!!!

;)

SallyC 10-24-2007 11:21 AM

Welcome to Neurotalk, Joyce. :)

You could be telling my life My Hubby o 35yrs, died in 2004, so I understand what you're saying. My Kids are wonderful, but I still miss John, like it was yesterday and probably always will. He was a Gem and I loved him.

I hope you enjoy it here. :hug:

AfterMyNap 10-24-2007 11:30 AM

Hi, Joyce! Glad you made it!

*pulling up a chair*

So, how is every little thing??

MSacorn 10-24-2007 11:44 AM

Hello Joyce
Welcome to our family. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you are taking each day as it comes.

Once you've pulled up that chair AMN suggested. Tell us a bit more about you and what brought you to us.

Hugs :hug:

AfterMyNap 10-24-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSacorn (Post 160682)
Hello Joyce
Welcome to our family. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you are taking each day as it comes.

Once you've pulled up that chair AMN suggested. Tell us a bit more about you and what brought you to us.

Hugs :hug:

Uh, excuse me, this chair is for me!

Joyce is a big girl, let her get her own chair!

fer cryin' out loud.;)

Jappy 10-24-2007 01:33 PM

Today is brighter

It lifted my spirits to read your replys. I was on the computer the other day and looking up about Gluten and I still don't know how or what I did to come across this site. I am a novice withe the computer. My family talked me into getting one, thinking it would help me get out into the world. They were right. I am so happy that I now have people to talk to that really knows how I feel with the problems of my health and loss. Besides the MS I also have fibro and spinal stenosis and the usual problems of getting older. I live in New Jersey. I am 64 but still so very young at Heart and Spirit when I have my good days. I still am not sure how to connect to all the sites or understand all the symbols and words , hope to learn in time. Thanks for listening to me. Joyce

Taffy 10-24-2007 04:55 PM

Hi ya Joyce!

Here you can have my chair. It is nice and padded.

(some people are so rude around here)

Here hon have some chocolates too!

(slaps AMN's hand.)

Not you! They are for the newbie!

Snoopy 10-24-2007 06:03 PM

Hello Joyce, I'm glad you decided to join us.

I will leave the chair antics to the 3, 4, 5, ? stooges as they seem to have it under control.....if you call what they do control :eek: :p :D

(taking cover.....)

Judy2 10-24-2007 06:23 PM

Hi Joyce and Welcome!!!! Glad you found us! I'm so sorry about your loss of hubby. I do know about living alone, but mine was because of divorce 18 years ago. Wow, I didn't think it had been that long -- time flies! I too just turned 64 on the 17th of this month. Can't believe that either!!!

We have quite a few things in common. Fibromyalgia is also a daily struggle for me along with the MS which is now secondary progressive. How about you? I use a powerchair all the time but can at least transfer to a regular chair, bed, etc., here at home.

Oh yes, one more thing -- I grew up and lived in NJ until 1972 when we moved here to PA. Hope to hear more from you as the days go by. Good luck with your computer!!

Take care.......:)