NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I am a mess!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/111670-am-mess.html)

barb02 01-04-2010 08:50 AM

I am a mess!!!

I have been fighting a sinus infection for several weeks. So about four weeks ago, I succumbed and went on antibiotics. The antibiotics caused digestive problems which eventually lead to IBS. Since December 24th, I have been experiencing bleeding and what I think are massive hemorrhoids. ( sorry for being so graphic:o) I tried to treat this with over the counter meds and once I returned home from Christmas (was out of state), I had a prescription filled last Thursday for suppositories. They have not really helped. Bleeding is a bit less. I have also tried sitz baths and even bought one of those round donut "thingies" to sit on. Now I am waiting for the office to open at 8:00 so I can call and see if I can get an appointment today. I am dreading the exam because I am in so much pain, and also dreading hearing the colonoscopy word again. I just had one in May 2008. Oh -- and I still have sinus problems.:rolleyes:

kicker 01-04-2010 09:05 AM

Barb,
I've been on antibiotics for a month now, I have a UTI that won't go away. Read your post, going into Kitchen right now to eat Activia yogurt (has live cultures.) I don't like yogurt but know "good bacteria" get killed by antibiotics in digestive system. Last BM sent a warning flag to me. Hope you feel better soon. This just plain stinks.

Twinkletoes 01-04-2010 09:46 AM

I wondered why we hadn't heard much from you lately, Barb. :hug:

I do hope the doc can fix you up with something that helps quickly. Sorry you are in so much pain. :( ((((Barb02))))

Vonn07 01-04-2010 09:53 AM

Barb .. sorry about your discomfort ... hoping that you are on your way in to see the doctor ... let us know how it goes ... stay calm - getting upset sets up a flare .. and you don't need that on top of the sinus and bottom issues right now!

FinLady 01-04-2010 10:09 AM

:hug::hug::hug: Sorry to hear about all this. I too hope the docs can help you out.

SandyC 01-04-2010 10:17 AM

Barb, I am so sorry too. :hug:

barb02 01-04-2010 10:20 AM

My doctor is in surgery today so I will seeing a nurse praticioner this afternoon.

braingonebad 01-04-2010 11:07 AM

I never do ABs for UTIs anymore. I get Azo and eat yogurt. Good to go.

Dejibo 01-04-2010 12:06 PM

Yogurt! live cultured yogurt! its a girls best friend. Sitz baths will help with the sore backside, and witch hazel will help shrink the swelling.

Hang in there. We miss you! :hug:

SallyC 01-04-2010 12:12 PM

I'm so sorry, (((((((((Barb))))))))):circlelove: